TOMORROW :Rifleman's Weekend- May 21st - River Bend Gun Club - Garand and Vintage Rifle Matches

I was there, sorry I didn't meet you guys. I'll be at the D-Day match in 2 weeks.
I was on Target 9, Relay 1. Shot 460, first Silver medal with my Garand.

Garand_Match2.jpg

I ran relay 4 on lane 7. I didn't meet anyone either. I was extremely busy in the pits and scoring then finally shooting. I won't shoot in the 4 position again. But it was ok to do everything else first and learn.

I shot a 453 (can't remember the X's because they were so few) with a Model of 1917 on Sat. This was my second match @ RBGC and I enjoyed it a lot. Ben is a super match director and the people there are first rate in all respects. I plan to put this weekend on my calendar as a "must do" until I can't see the targets any longer. The sniper match was a lot of fun and the moving targets were really fun to shoot!

Vintage Military Match 2016.jpg

Some pics from Saturday.

Attachments

• IMG_2649.JPG
    IMG_2649.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2646.JPG
    IMG_2646.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2647.JPG
    IMG_2647.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2650.JPG
    IMG_2650.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2651.JPG
    IMG_2651.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2652.JPG
    IMG_2652.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 24
I had a great time. I walked into a serious brotherhood of shooters. It was my first ever match and I found out that my rear sight came loose. I will need a new cover. Going 4th is tough after working the pits and scoring. BUT, You have to start somewhere. I shot everything from an x to a miss.The match was well run and very well organized.
I highly recommend it for those who have a Garand. You will see examples of rifles that will blow your mind. the Blond Garand National match winner was incredible.

I shot NRA small bore for 3 years in high school but forgot how much fun it was for the last 30 years.
Someone invited me to last years Riflemans Weekend and that reignited my passion for rifle match shooting.
I now attend 1 or 2 matches a month anywhere from 1 to 7 hours away.
I have 4 rifles I compete with:
-- Fulton Armory M-14: NRA High Power Expert, CMP High Power XTC EIC Matches(4 points)
-- Springfield Garand: CMP Bronze & Silver Medal
-- Springfield 1903A3: CMP Gold Medal
-- Eddystone M1917: CMP Silver Medal

Next Match: CMP Talladega D-Day weekend

Feel Free to PM me if you have any questions.

Back
Top Bottom