• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Today, with the heaviest of hearts I need to let the community know that we have lost JWHIT.

Oh wow, that is awful. Maybe in late July I will be able to expound on the circumstances surrounding this case.
One time, the government agency I was with had to review another agency's handling of a death investigation.
They ruled it a suicide. That's what they told the county coroner, so he dutifully recorded it as suicide as the manner of death, too.

The trouble is, the basic facts were that neighbors heard arguing, then a gunshot, and called 911.

Then Wife called 911 and said her husband shot himself.

First responders arrive and find husband dead on the bed with a bullet hole in his temple and a pistol on the floor next to the bed.

They can't ask the husband what happened. He's dead.

They ask wife what happened. She says they argued, he stomped off to the bedroom, and she did not follow. Then she hears a shot and runs in to find him bleeding on the bed, unconscious. The gun he used was one they both had handled before, as it was one of the guns in the home kept handy for home defense.

So... that's it.

No investigation of the wife's criminal history, number of prior marriages. No talking to any other people that knew him, knew her, or knew the couple.

No investigation of the family's finances, no inquiry about life insurance or death benefits, etc.

For all we know, (and this is a HYPOTHETICAL) the new widow could have been married 4 times previously, and all her husbands also killed themselves, too. What a coincidence, right? And each one had recently bought a life insurance policy naming wifey as the sole beneficiary. (I don't know that this is the case, and it probably isnt, but I'm saying detectives should have CHECKED on these kinds of issues).

Sure, he could have shot himself.

Or, wife could have been arguing with him, then pulled out the gun in anger and popped him in the head, and then lied to the cops.

Nobody tested either of their hands for gunshot residue. Nobody tested her clothing for tiny bits of tissue or blood splatter. It was just a half-arsed investigation.

Anyhow, I'm just saying that in this case, I'm glad that the government has identified an offender and is taking her to trial with the best evidence they can find.

3 yrs.+ is probably avg. in any metro county.

Especially in a case like this. It's juggling act to get all the witnesses to court at one time.

In our case it was two lawyers hired by the offender. Both of them kept taking leave back to back at times when important decisions for the hearing were scheduled. Jury selection was one of those and because the attorney was on vacation they pushed the date off again. Both attorneys intentionally did this for nearly a year.

In GA it's public information. I had to go to the Clerk's office and ask to see the file. Listed in the 200+ pages were every motion and delay these attorney's submitted.

Funny how the accused has a right to a speedy trial but the victim or their family does not have that same right!

Guys and gals, I thought that it might be of interest to some of you to know that the trial is moving forward and is scheduled for July 23rd. My wife and I received our subpoena today. I have been made aware that we are not going to be allowed into the courtroom during the trial except when testifying. Not to sound like a self-centered jerk, but we have no idea what we are supposed to do with our two young girls for 1-2 weeks. We homeschool our children and our family is over in Alabama.

Guys and gals, I thought that it might be of interest to some of you to know that the trial is moving forward and is scheduled for July 23rd. My wife and I received our subpoena today. I have been made aware that we are not going to be allowed into the courtroom during the trial except when testifying. Not to sound like a self-centered jerk, but we have no idea what we are supposed to do with our two young girls for 1-2 weeks. We homeschool our children and our family is over in Alabama.

I’m sure you can testify via phone or interweb, just get with the attorney that subpoenaed you and work something out.

(They may send you to a local law office or courthouse so you can / will be sworn in.)

Please keep us apprised of how the trial progresses. Hopefully justice will be served.

If you contact the prosecutor and keep a line of communication open they will almost certainly help you minimize the disruption by letting you know the day(s) you really need to be there at the trial. It might change at the last minute but they can almost certainly narrow the window of time for you. Especially if you are cooperative and explain your circumstances. There should be a telephone number for you to call in the papers you received. They might even work with you so only one of you has to be there at a time, if you explain your circumstances.

I know we don't know each other personally but I feel like I know u because I've been following this tragedy about Jordan. I can offer u that me and my wife have 2 little girls ourselves. My wife is a first grade lead teacher. She is out for the summer. She and I would keep ur girls for u until u and ur wife r finished with the court part of this. We r in warner robins. Sorry if this sounds crazy to offer u that but just trying to help any way I can brother.

I’m sure you can testify via phone or interweb, just get with the attorney that subpoenaed you and work something out.

(They may send you to a local law office or courthouse so you can / will be sworn in.)

Not going to happen unless they have repealed the Confrontation Clause in the U.S. Constitution.

Back
Top Bottom