To shoot it or not to shoot it?

Depends. Do you want to save it for a rainy day and try to pull a profit from it down the road? It may be worth more in time and then again it may not. If it was mine, I'd shoot it for sure! Good luck in your decision.

That's funny about the LE only mark suddenly becoming a collectors item. I had someone offer one for the ed brown I had up last week, bare rifle now no optics, rail, ammo or other extras. I asked him what he was adding to it & he said he thought it would be an even trade since the colt was a collectors item because of the LE mark on it. I sent him back a string of these :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you have other AR's to shoot save it for awhile, it may end up being worth a few bucks more than you paid for it to some people

To some the LE only mark means something, to a lot of people it doesn't. I have glock mags that are LE marked, doesn't mean anything when you sell them. The Colts are kind of in the same boat in my opinion, they aren't exactly rare, and unless you plan on holding onto it for 20,30, or 40 years it ain't going to increase to where you are going to make any money off it. Unless there is another assault weapons ban, in which case for a while the prices may go through the roof, though selling it then is of questionable intelligence since you'd be disarming yourself in a way.

At the end of the day, its your choice though, do what you want, but I would shoot it if I bought it.

Yea guys it is going to get shot for sure. That is what I bought it for. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Now I'm just ready for some parts to start showing up!

Back
Top Bottom