• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time to call in the dozers and trackhoes...

There's an addictive YouTube series by a guy named Dan Bell called the Dead Mall Series. Some of them are still open but some like Rolling Hills AKA Rotting Hills Mall in Ohio were actually closed and abandoned. Same guy has the Dead Motel Series. You'd be surprised how much time you can waste watching videos of abandoned properties. Oh and while you're watching be sure to check out the ones of Central State Hospital in Milledgeville. Once the biggest insane asylum in the country. Now its just several thousand abandoned really creepy acres. My daughter asked about somewhere scary to go before Halloween. I can'tthink of anywhere better. And Milledgeville is not even an hour from here.
Can you get in there? Milledgeville I mean?

There's an addictive YouTube series by a guy named Dan Bell called the Dead Mall Series. Some of them are still open but some like Rolling Hills AKA Rotting Hills Mall in Ohio were actually closed and abandoned. Same guy has the Dead Motel Series. You'd be surprised how much time you can waste watching videos of abandoned properties. Oh and while you're watching be sure to check out the ones of Central State Hospital in Milledgeville. Once the biggest insane asylum in the country. Now its just several thousand abandoned really creepy acres. My daughter asked about somewhere scary to go before Halloween. I can'tthink of anywhere better. And Milledgeville is not even an hour from here.
When I was about 19 or so, I was going to Milledgeville with a friend to see some other friends who were in a band play a show there.
I called my mom on the way down to let her know where I would be. As soon as I said "I'm going to Milledgeville", she freaks out wanting to know why. I mean getting really upset. I had no idea about the crazy house down there. She did though because my grandfather used to be a cop and anytime they had to transport someone down there, he just called it going to Milledgeville. I had to quickly put her mind at ease and explain what I was really doing. We laughed about that one many times later on down the road.

Can you get in there? Milledgeville I mean?
Well given the current state of agencies covering mental health I would have to say no. But if you're talking about being able to walk the grounds and even get inside I would say yes. In fact one of the videos on YouTube is a local woman from around Haddock who used to work there picking up pecans and putting them in a Kroger bag. When I saw it I hollered at the TV " No! Dump them nuts out! Them's crazy nuts! "

I

I mean I'd go, but I'm afraid they wouldn't let me leave.
Seriously check out the videos. We're definitely going before Halloween. It's tour and pic worthy. Plus its surrounded by probably 5 prisons most of which are closed and abandoned. It's technically in Hardwick and a good case study in human misary. From what I saw there are thousands of supposedly crazy folks buried out there in unmarked graves.
If you decide to go PM me. It would be a good meet and greet. Plus a guy I work with wants to fly his drone over it and get footage of it.

Back
Top Bottom