Time to call in the dozers and trackhoes...

There used to be (eons ago) a really good restaurant in Westgate, can't remember the name...

Says our resident ....
I used to walk to Westgate Mall to buy tapes at Dreamboat Annies. I think it chenged names after that. If what i read is true then Westgate was the first enclosed shopping mall in GA. Not the biggest mall by any stretch but very convenient. I would walk up Canterbury Rd and up the steep hill leading to the rear parking lot and back door. In the 80s there were old car and bike shows there. I miss it more than the Macon Mall.

Those apartments are nice compared to a lot..... a LOT of homes in East Macon.
Yeah it was always kinda unique. All the apartments were like a modern art deco type layout which I assume was popular in the earliest part of the 70s. But then they also had/have a building probably 15 to 16 stories high. Just an odd combination from the beginning. You can see the building from 475 when you get close to the Eisenhower exit.

Those apartments are nice compared to a lot..... a LOT of homes in East Macon.
It's funny now. When we were in Darien I used to look at the Craigslist real estate listings all the time. And blended into those listings for local McIntosh and Glynn Co properties would be listings from Macon. It would always be something like " Huge Rental Income Potential " and be followed by pics of a raggedy ass hpuse in Fort Hill or Bloomfield or the Peach Orchard.

Well.... Our mayor is going to fix the violence problem in Macon/Bibb AND his plan DOES NOT include incarceration or arrests! I can't wait to see what kind of unicorn fart clouds his plan is constructed of!
Hopefully he’s hiring Charles Bronson

Back
Top Bottom