"Time blindness"

I had a relative who was always an hour or two late to any family gathering. The last few years before they died, I urged family members to tell them the event was actually 1-2 hours earlier than it was but they always thought I was kidding. Anyways...

We had a great dinner planned with grilled meat, lots of side dishes, cakes and pies and everybody except X showed up about on time and were digging in. I went back for seconds as did most everybody else and then, right when we were almost too full to eat anything else, we attacked the cakes and pies. During the midst of that X showed up with their usual excuses for being late. Not long after we all were loading up to go home and X started loudly complaining because almost nobody ate what they brought. I said, "We were almost done eating when you got here. What did you want us to do?"

I had a relative who was always an hour or two late to any family gathering. The last few years before they died, I urged family members to tell them the event was actually 1-2 hours earlier than it was but they always thought I was kidding. Anyways...

We had a great dinner planned with grilled meat, lots of side dishes, cakes and pies and everybody except X showed up about on time and were digging in. I went back for seconds as did most everybody else and then, right when we were almost too full to eat anything else, we attacked the cakes and pies. During the midst of that X showed up with their usual excuses for being late. Not long after we all were loading up to go home and X started loudly complaining because almost nobody ate what they brought. I said, "We were almost done eating when you got here. What did you want us to do?"
OH yeah that would drive me nuts. Have some relatives like that too. We don't wait on them either. I'm not waiting until the food is cold when you finally show up to eat. We let them enjoy whatever is left over. To me it's just rude and inconsiderate to make everyone wait on you.

I've always been super anal about punctuality. Always early to everything. Can't stand people who are consistently late. If you know you have a problem being on time, leave earlier. It's not hard. Oh well.
I like to be a little early to everything......My Wife......Oh well.....We drive each other nuts......

I've always been super anal about punctuality.
Be careful with that word in 2023. :laugh:

I have a teenage daughter. She a couple of her friends were over earlier this summer, all sitting around the table making bead bracelets. One of the girls was a little OCD about the alignment of the beads and how they stacked up and would fuss if one of the other girls moved or took hers. After they left, I was cooking and the daughter comes upstairs. I ask her if that girl is that anal about everything else in her life. She turns nineteen shades of red and says "Dad!" and turns around and goes downstairs.

A very awkward conversation later, it turns out that the word "anal" has never in their entire life meant "meticulous." It only means buttstuph.

Be careful with that word in 2023. :laugh:

I have a teenage daughter. She a couple of her friends were over earlier this summer, all sitting around the table making bead bracelets. One of the girls was a little OCD about the alignment of the beads and how they stacked up and would fuss if one of the other girls moved or took hers. After they left, I was cooking and the daughter comes upstairs. I ask her if that girl is that anal about everything else in her life. She turns nineteen shades of red and says "Dad!" and turns around and goes downstairs.

A very awkward conversation later, it turns out that the word "anal" has never in their entire life meant "meticulous." It only means buttstuph.
New generation, different language.......Get with it grandpa.......LOL......

Back
Top Bottom