• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Time blindness"

Trailrider

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
117   1
Reaction score
When you retire, you get day blindness. Can never remember what day it is because it doesn’t matter :becky:
And shoe blindness. I can’t remember the last time I put on a pair of shoes. I have my flippy-floppies by the front door and they look like good enough shoes for every occasion now.

It’s nothing new. Worked with a woman years ago who was always at least 15 minutes late. She said it was due to being a single mom and having to get her daughter off to school. Boss made a special shift for her, 15 minutes later than our start. Still 15 minutes late every day. Tried 30 minutes later, same result.
Since she was a protected class in the early days of EEOC, nothing could be done. She just showed up whenever.
When that worked so well, she became a ‘community activist’ which required her to occasionally be absent without notice.
As far as I know, she was never disciplined for anything her whole working career.

It’s nothing new. Worked with a woman years ago who was always at least 15 minutes late. She said it was due to being a single mom and having to get her daughter off to school. Boss made a special shift for her, 15 minutes later than our start. Still 15 minutes late every day. Tried 30 minutes later, same result.
Since she was a protected class in the early days of EEOC, nothing could be done. She just showed up whenever.
When that worked so well, she became a ‘community activist’ which required her to occasionally be absent without notice.
As far as I know, she was never disciplined for anything her whole working career.
Some roommates I knew in college set their room alarm clock 15 minutes ahead, so they "wouldn't be late".

Guess what happened? They always left 15 minutes late (by their clock), because they knew it was 15 minutes late.
But they never did fix or do something different. If I had been able to I would have changed it to somewhere between on time and 15 minutes late, every day. So they never knew what the real time was.

CODE 6?

Back
Top Bottom