• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tightened upper too much in vice....

That's what I did the first time... And I think that's my problem

UPDATE**

I turned the bolt around to see if it would slide in backwards and it goes in perfectly fine. It looks like its hanging up in the upper part of the upper where the gas tube is. When I put it in backwards the bolt slide in fine. I much have squeezed the very top in where the gas block tube comes in and connects with the bolt.

That's what I did the first time... And I think that's my problem

UPDATE**

I turned the bolt around to see if it would slide in backwards and it goes in perfectly fine. It looks like its hanging up in the upper part of the upper where the gas tube is. When I put it in backwards the bolt slide in fine. I much have squeezed the very top in where the gas block tube comes in and connects with the bolt.

Pull your gas block and gas tube off and try the bolt carrier without the gas tube in place....You may have just got the tube out of align and that's what is causing the hang up.

Is your cam pin rotated? Stupid question, I know.

Also, clamp on the barrel, not the upper. The barrel is much stronger metal.)

Shoot me a PM if you want to borrow the upper block fixture (next time). It's the kind you pin to your upper. I also have a mag well block that you can tighten in a vise. Or your always welcome to borrow my high-tech barrel vise blocks...

You'll probably also get a little business at your restaurant. I'm just around the corner.

Attachments

• PICT0115.jpg
    PICT0115.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom