• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Threats at Stone Mountain tomorrow.

I humbly disagree. Terrorist is a word. Who is terrorized. Weak ass people that were terrorized when the bed bug outbreak happened. It's nothing more than a state of mind. I will not be victimized, therefore I cannot be terrorized. It sells news and guns and even milk and eggs. Why? Because most people are no different than herd animals. They follow the flow. Do you really think that this latest BS will cause us all to become agoraphobics? I doubt it. It will sell fear on a wholesale level. Nothing more.
Terrorists always affect populations. Even YOU are affected. If you change one detail of your life terrorists have affected you. That's their goal. It's not the strength or weakness of the people being terrorized so much as it is about impacting their lives no matter how strong their resolve is. And you stand on whatever soap box and boast about how you are unaffected but if you were honest with yourself you would know that you ARE affected. YOU may not feel, or more likely ADMIT that you feel fear, but you change your life, even if only in small ways, in response to threats. Not to do so is stupid and foolish, not brave. If you feel the need to carry more places, scan more diligently when you enter an establishment, look more closely at the black shoppers in the store, notice the brother by the other gas pump at 10 PM, re-check your doors and windows before going to bed...then you have been affected.

Am I "terrorized"? No. But I am affected by the threat of these blacks who want to be terrorists. I work evenings on the weekend. My wife will be home alone. Does it affect me that my next door neighbor is black more now than before this past few months of blacklivesmatter? Yes. It does. SO according to you I must be weak minded. Well, according to ME, you are either a liar or a fool. Because you claim NOT to be affected and I call bull ****.

Terrorists always affect populations. Even YOU are affected. If you change one detail of your life terrorists have affected you. That's their goal. It's not the strength or weakness of the people being terrorized so much as it is about impacting their lives no matter how strong their resolve is. And you stand on whatever soap box and boast about how you are unaffected but if you were honest with yourself you would know that you ARE affected. YOU may not feel, or more likely ADMIT that you feel fear, but you change your life, even if only in small ways, in response to threats. Not to do so is stupid and foolish, not brave. If you feel the need to carry more places, scan more diligently when you enter an establishment, look more closely at the black shoppers in the store, notice the brother by the other gas pump at 10 PM, re-check your doors and windows before going to bed...then you have been affected.

Am I "terrorized"? No. But I am affected by the threat of these blacks who want to be terrorists. I work evenings on the weekend. My wife will be home alone. Does it affect me that my next door neighbor is black more now than before this past few months of blacklivesmatter? Yes. It does. SO according to you I must be weak minded. Well, according to ME, you are either a liar or a fool. Because you claim NOT to be affected and I call bull ****.

I agree 100% except for the wording. They are not terrorists. they are scumbag *******. Of course I watch my six. My head has been on a swivel since I got home from Iraq. I've seen the look in the eyes of men that wish I was dead. I wasn't scared. I was smart. I made sure that I knew my surroundings at all times. I've showered with my rifle for ****'s sake. I had to, but I don't have to here. These POS's are all talk and no substance. I'm sure that some bad **** will happen today, but I'm also sure that it wont happen to you or me. The percentages are just way too off. We will see the news today and get angry, but when it comes down to it, the most dangerous thing you will do today is take a shower and drive your car.

I work at a water plant. I EXPECT someone to think up the idea of ****ing with peoples water every day. DO they? Not yet. But I'll never stop expecting them to. And I shower with a Glock. Love the Glock protection from water and steam.

Of course they are scum. That's kinda like the silent E...it goes without saying. But they ARE terrorists. And some of them, some few, will murder some innocent person. Some will rape women and consider the womans race to be a bonus so they can feel that they raped her in the cause. Some will steal..as they proved theft is a form of protest... :facepalm: Most are criminals of opportunity and if they can add one more justification to their self-enrichment all the better.

But killing cops while pumping gas, murdering off duty cops in their homes after torturing them, these are terrorists. Whatever you may feel changes their designation as terrorists not one jot. It is only YOUR perception, not fact.

I work at a water plant. I EXPECT someone to think up the idea of ****ing with peoples water every day. DO they? Not yet. But I'll never stop expecting them to. And I shower with a Glock. Love the Glock protection from water and steam.

Of course they are scum. That's kinda like the silent E...it goes without saying. But they ARE terrorists. And some of them, some few, will murder some innocent person. Some will rape women and consider the womans race to be a bonus so they can feel that they raped her in the cause. Some will steal..as they proved theft is a form of protest... :facepalm: Most are criminals of opportunity and if they can add one more justification to their self-enrichment all the better.

But killing cops while pumping gas, murdering off duty cops in their homes after torturing them, these are terrorists. Whatever you may feel changes their designation as terrorists not one jot. It is only YOUR perception, not fact.

I get it, but your definition of terrorist is flawed. We are on the same side of this whole ****ty mess, we just see the words and causes differently. I don't disrespect what you think, just disagree. That's what men do. I would like to live in a world that this isn't an issue but I'm not naïve enough to think such a world exists. For now we protect ours and deal with what's in front of us. I'm headed to bed. It was a good discussion if nothing else. Please don't think I don't get it. I do. I just see it in more layers and from different angles. Goodnight.

I get it, but your definition of terrorist is flawed. We are on the same side of this whole ****ty mess, we just see the words and causes differently. I don't disrespect what you think, just disagree. That's what men do. I would like to live in a world that this isn't an issue but I'm not naïve enough to think such a world exists. For now we protect ours and deal with what's in front of us. I'm headed to bed. It was a good discussion if nothing else. Please don't think I don't get it. I do. I just see it in more layers and from different angles. Goodnight.

Oh I'm with you on a lot. The whole thrust of this debate was simply that they qualify as terrorists. My insistence on this is because they then qualify as an organization that falls under the legal category that is under the purview of the FBI and needs to be both monitored and prosecuted.

My specific disagreement with YOU is that I think you often run extremely close but parallel to the mark on may topics. Of course, every once in a while you seem to take the odd off ramp altogether. ;)

And, I need to get BAC to bed. Getting up in 3 hours for a loooong day.

Back
Top Bottom