• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thread Protector Stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redneck1919 Redneck1919 you’ve got to turn it clockwise to unscrew it... all Glock factory threaded barrels are like that.

SilencerCo, Stormlake, and ZEV that I’ve owned all were the normal righty tighty lefty loosy lmao

Yeah, figured that out. However, it still is stuck.
It is weird however. I have one on a 43x that is not OEM and is RH thread.

Soak it in Kroil a few days. A nut splitter will probably split it and make it easier to remove. A cutoff wheel could also be used if you are very careful. Once you get it mostly split it is likely to come off.

Soak it in Kroil a few days. A nut splitter will probably split it and make it easier to remove. A cutoff wheel could also be used if you are very careful. Once you get it mostly split it is likely to come off.

Kroil is the only thing I've had work on the toughest stuck parts. Amazing stuff, for sure.

I got a Glock 21SF last June to use as a host for my SilencerCo. Octane 45 that I had just bought.
Gun went into the safe without shooting it, my mistake.
Just got my stamp and suppressor last week.
Problem is now, I cannot get the thread protector off. I contacted previous owner and he stated he had not used loctite or anything on it. However, the person he got it from may have. Does not appear to be rusted.
I have tried soaking it with master blaster and used heat. Still will not budge. Obviously cannot cut it off without screwing up the threads.
Cannot get it out of the slide with protector on.
Hate to but may just have to ruin it and buy another barrel.

Anybody know any magic?

View attachment 3215318
Did you try a reverse thread.

Last time I had a problem like that I froze the whole thing and then lightly heated the stuck collar/nut.

Interesting. Not sure I want to freeze the whole slide however.
If you can’t separate the barrel from it then you’d have to, right? If they separate then you don’t. It was jus a Thought.

My HK thread protector (left hand thread) was also stuck a while back, I wrapped the protector in some webbing and slide in cloth to protect the finish and get a good grip. I used vise-grip pliers and my bench-mounted vise to remove it pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom