• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

They Charged the Victim With Murder

Reactions: GFB
That's standard in self-defense cases. The DA has to treat it as a crime until discovery is completed and then the DA can decide to drop/ pursuit the charges. Hopefully, the clerk has a good lawyer and can articulate he was in fear for his life.

I believe it was a dispute about the cost of the chips the clerk charged the woman versus, what the chips actually said. She went and got her boyfriend and they started arguing/ cussing. The problem with this is they both mutually engaged in a dispute. It's difficult to escalate or contribute to a fight and then claim self-defense. And that's how the DA will frame this case. All of this over some damn chips. This is really disturbing.

It’s one thing to do an investigative hold, another to actually apply for warrants and set bond. It’s certainly the departments choice and prerogative here to classify this as a murder.

That’s what I’m saying, he had no where to go. Literally backed into a corner. That is a plus one when it comes to self defense pleas. Additionally, the perp was BEHIND the counter, where he is not supposed to be. That was criminal trespass with intent to do bodily harm. I would really like to see the whole video.

Back
Top Bottom