• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thermal scopes/Night Vision

Zen_Life

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Your mom went to college.
145   1
Reaction score
I went predator hunting last night and we called in a couple of yotes. Sadly we could not find it we followed the blood trail for a bit but lost the trail due to rain. But I'm looking to get into it more seriously also get into hog hunting. What's a good priced thermal/ night vision scope for a AR-15.

In! Everything I've read says stay away from ATN but it looks like a lot of the warranties on the $1,500-$3,000 thermal range are similar and typically not transferrable .

I hunt with a combination of NV.

I use a PVS-14 for my scouting and moving, 1X, it is a Gen III optic.

Atop my rifle is a Gen 1 Yukon brand with an excellent illuminator, and 4x magnification.

Locate and move with the better image, set up and shoot with the lesser image with magnification.

Thermals are great for "locating" and finding animals in the dark, but I need to "see" what I am shooting and where I am going.

Also, my setup above is less than $3k, you need $4k plus to get into the "good" Thermal.

That said, I will be adding a less expensive Thermal, like a FLIR Scout to my gear, just to "find" those hot bodies at night.

Just got a pulsar rxq30. I like it so far, not the best but it’s better than the atn stuff in the same price range. Doesn’t have all the features like WiFi and the ability to record

I hunt with a combination of NV.

I use a PVS-14 for my scouting and moving, 1X, it is a Gen III optic.

Atop my rifle is a Gen 1 Yukon brand with an excellent illuminator, and 4x magnification.

Locate and move with the better image, set up and shoot with the lesser image with magnification.

Thermals are great for "locating" and finding animals in the dark, but I need to "see" what I am shooting and where I am going.

Also, my setup above is less than $3k, you need $4k plus to get into the "good" Thermal.

That said, I will be adding a less expensive Thermal, like a FLIR Scout to my gear, just to "find" those hot bodies at night.

Dang ATN is what I was thinking on buying. It looks and feels durable but no expierence with it . 3k sounds bout right to get into it.

Just got a pulsar rxq30. I like it so far, not the best but it’s better than the atn stuff in the same price range. Doesn’t have all the features like WiFi and the ability to record

Yeah I really want something that has the ability to record! That should be something a bit company should do make a inexpensive thermal optic.

Back
Top Bottom