• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Unhuntables.

Codyology

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
37   0
Reaction score
Well a friend of mine's mom spotted what she thought was a "wolf" behind their house. Told her most likely a coyote and told her I'd put a camera behind there house and see what happens. I've asked a bunch about hunting on it. They only have about 2 maybe 3 acres but it backs up to a huge area. They have always said no cause they have neighbors and the mom isn't a country lady. Total yuppie in my book. So I don't push it to much maybe they'll broke some day. til then the camera take over 100 pictures in a week

So heres the unhuntables

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_PRMS0011.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_PRMS0013_1.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_PRMS0051.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_PRMS0052.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_PRMS0035.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_PRMS0071.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_PRMS0078.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_PRMS0076.jpg

I showed all the coyote pictures and explained about rabies. All the normal scare tactics. Told them about them killing dogs and everything else. I've tried to tell them how grusome it is when the coyotes take deer down. Even a picture of the doe the coyotes take down behind my house before I thinned down that coyote herd with a quickness. Nothing yet but my guess is they'll think about it and the season will be over by then. But benefit to it was they told me another guy who's wife is all pissed off cause the deer eat all of her newly planted flowers and bushs this year. They put in something like 800 dollars worth of landscraping and the deer totalled it. Well they aren't hunters either but they told me when they go out of town for me to come over and clear some out. I hope they go really soon cause the buck roaming around is massive or it is at least too me. Heck i've got him at the top of the hit list. I got a picture of him and I about fainted.

Did you offer to pay for rights to hunt the area? that seems to be the norm now and is making it almost impossible just to get permission.. I Know of several folks in the Roswell area who offer big bucks to hunt even small tracts.. A buddy just paid $500 to hunt a 9ac tract in Roswell.. And have heard stories of folks coming in from other areas and offering mega sums to hunt areas where a big buck was seen.. Almost impossible for the avg guy to get access anymore..

You can just wait until her dog, cat, or child/herself gets attacked she will change her mind. Funniest thing we've been asked if we could just move them to another home????????????

Little late for that now, you have to kill 60-65% of them to just keep the numbers down, they have 3-4 litters each year, and in 6 months the young can start having pups. Same problem with hawgs... Once you got them you have them. They are no longer scared of humans, they only see them as a source of food.

Like you said yuppies, they think coyotes are cute puppies.................

Back
Top Bottom