• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The shtf barter system.

Boxer101

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
2   0
Reaction score
Just reading other threads and it seems to come up here and there. In a shtf world what do you see as the center of barter or exchange? To me i see ammo as the common unit. Example would be a can of beans would be worth 10 rounds of .22 ammo. What do you see as possibilities? Are you going to stock up on that commodity?

jerky
/thread

On a serious note...it would probably be much like the ODT. It's only worth what someone is willing to barter for it.

On a serious note...it would probably be much like the ODT. It's only worth what someone is willing to barter for it.

yep that's how it works. Two people have something the other is willing to trade for. Greenbacks, gold, and silver will be low on the trade scale IMO.

I've heard 22 ammo will be the new money before, but why 22 not 9mm or 762x39, either of which is more practical for everyday use in that scenario; especially the x39 which can be used for self defense or hunting deer etc.

I have everything I need. Im not trading anything. Your best bet over all would be to stay away from me and mine. Cause im paranoid enough as it is. :spy:

I could give up a roll of TP or maybe some asprin. That stuff will be gold.

Back
Top Bottom