• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
Iunno, don't really love any Orphan Barrel stuff. Maybe I just haven't had the right ones, but the price isn't worth it for me

Iunno, don't really love any Orphan Barrel stuff. Maybe I just haven't had the right ones, but the price isn't worth it for me

im the same way. they are good but not for the ask most of the time. the only release of theirs i really loved that seemed fair was the fable and folly, that is still a great bottle.

Yeah I hear you. It is pricey. I've always thought they've done best with the bourbons. The scotch and blended whiskeys have been garbage.

Cheers fellas!
IMG_7793.jpeg

I've never tried Japanese whisky. How was it?
Some were very good. I reallly liked the 10 year white oak finish and 10 year bourbon barrel finish.

Japanese whisky in general is similar to Scotch, as that’s what they’re trying to mimic. What they don’t tell you but almost all of them do is blend malt whisky made in Scotland with grain whisky made in Japan. Some detail the breakdown on the back label but most don’t.

Found a new BiB. thendricks thendricks introduced me to this brand a while back. It's not as tannic as their barrel proof bourbon and pretty damn good.

Attachments

• 20240423_223659.jpg
    20240423_223659.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240423_223650.jpg
    20240423_223650.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom