• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
Picked up a bottle of Weller reserve for 34.99 in Acworth.
Two weeks ago got 2 bottles for 39.99 in W Atl. Everyone had been saying there’s a shortage of Weller reserve, but I guess they’re starting to put it back out… and price it decent. That being said some of the local liquor stores are still trying to get $69 and $79 a bottle for it.

b229dd6a0fa4bd1858105e03c5253078.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to my local watering hole and ordered a bottle of Sagamore Double oak, Never had it but wanted to try it based on suggestions on here..Time will tell
Please do tell me how that tastes wondering how it compares to another eye like whistle pig, Sazerac, michters rye

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Please do tell me how that tastes wondering how it compares to another eye like whistle pig, Sazerac, michters rye

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I just went and pulled out a bottle of Michter's Rye and had a pour. Oddly, I thought I didn't like it before, but now I find it quite good. As far as comparing it to Sagamore, I think the Sagamore has quite a bit more flavor and a lot better finish, particularly if comparing the Double Oak.

I've got the Sagamore Double Oak, which I've already polished off a bottle and 2/3 of another, the Cask Strength and the Sherry Finish. I have not tried their regular version yet, and just saw two others I hadn't seen yesterday. One was finished in rum casks and the other was finished in tequila ones. I could see the rum one being good, but the tequila finished one didn't sound like something I wanted to taste.

Also, I now have a dilemna of realizing I may like ryes more than I thought, especially considering I seem to prefer higher rye bourbons. So now I have to go even further down the rabbit hole and start trying more ryes. :mmph:

Back
Top Bottom