• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
My latest purchase, which was worth every penny in my opinion. As much as I liked the single barrel barrel strength one I picked up, I wanted to try something else from their lineup. Happened across this set and figured it was better than buying individual full size bottles.

I was expecting to not like at least one, if not two, of them. Boy was I wrong, I like all three of them. The 1910 and the 1920 were both really good, but the 1897 was the hands down winner out of the set.

PXL_20240222_022056362.jpg

My latest purchase, which was worth every penny in my opinion. As much as I liked the single barrel barrel strength one I picked up, I wanted to try something else from their lineup. Happened across this set and figured it was better than buying individual full size bottles.

I was expecting to not like at least one, if not two, of them. Boy was I wrong, I like all three of them. The 1910 and the 1920 were both really good, but the 1897 was the hands down winner out of the set.

View attachment 6914208
That's cool. Haven't seen those yet. I'm on a hunt for all Bottled-in-Bonds I can find.

That's cool. Haven't seen those yet. I'm on a hunt for all Bottled-in-Bonds I can find.
I've only seen that set in 2 stores out of over 20 I've been to in the last couple months. The regular 750ml bottles are everywhere.

I've seen plenty of Bottled-in-Bond bottles from different brands. No idea if any of them are good, but I'm not the best person to judge considering I've never liked bourbon until I found Old Forester. The 1897 OF is outstanding, in my opinion, for $51-$53 a bottle.

I've only seen that set in 2 stores out of over 20 I've been to in the last couple months. The regular 750ml bottles are everywhere.

I've seen plenty of Bottled-in-Bond bottles from different brands. No idea if any of them are good, but I'm not the best person to judge considering I've never liked bourbon until I found Old Forester. The 1897 OF is outstanding, in my opinion, for $51-$53 a bottle.
Try the old forester 100. I have had them all and even though it is cheaper it is my favorite.

Too woody for you? I’ve always enjoyed the ones I had. No two single barrels are the same. Maybe it’s not a good barrel
My palate isn't really refined enough to tell you what exactly it is. Best way I could describe is floral. My brother tried it with me and said he would describe it as shoving a bouquet of flowers in your mouth.

Picked this up after it was highly recommended to me. Tastes horrible to me. If anyone here within reasonable driving distance of me likes and wants this, I will give it to you.

View attachment 6948629

damn thats kinda shocking. most everyone i know that has tried this one has loved it but everyone does have different tastes. also could always be just an off barrel

Back
Top Bottom