My recent purchases. I was really surprised how much I really like the OF. Really smooth for 129.7 proof. I really liked 3 of the other 4 as well, but the OF was the best of the bunch. Despite the price I'm really tempted to go see if they have any more bottles of that left. I've never been a fan of bourbon, though not for lack of trying, but I really enjoy that one.

On a side note, the first person to correctly guess which of the other 4 bottles is the one I absolutely hated and refuse to try again, can have it for free. It's probably still 95-98% full and opened less than 3 weeks ago.
PXL_20240212_060442392.jpg

My recent purchases. I was really surprised how much I really like the OF. Really smooth for 129.7 proof. I really liked 3 of the other 4 as well, but the OF was the best of the bunch. Despite the price I'm really tempted to go see if they have any more bottles of that left. I've never been a fan of bourbon, though not for lack of trying, but I really enjoy that one.

On a side note, the first person to correctly guess which of the other 4 bottles is the one I absolutely hated and refuse to try again, can have it for free. It's probably still 95-98% full and opened less than 3 weeks ago.View attachment 6869598
I’ve had some great OF SP’s. Where did you get that one? I have not seen any lately. I agree they usually drink under proof and are always right at 130.

Running with the I don’t like bourbon. I’m going to guess the GA juice 13th colony.

I’ve had some great OF SP’s. Where did you get that one? I have not seen any lately. I agree they usually drink under proof and are always right at 130.

Running with the I don’t like bourbon. I’m going to guess the GA juice 13th colony.
Z&Z in Locust Grove.

Nope. I actually like the 13th Colony. Not as much as the OF, but still good. I would rank it 4th out of what's on the table, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

I'm going to guess the Sexton wasn't your favorite. Too fruity?
(My guess helps the next fella, etc.)

I do like the 13th Colony as a simple drinker. Nothing fancy, but an all around ok bourbon. Now that their cask strength whatever won some award it's jumped in price $5-10/ bottle.

On a side note, the first person to correctly guess which of the other 4 bottles is the one I absolutely hated and refuse to try again, can have it for free. It's probably still 95-98% full and opened less than 3 weeks ago.View attachment 6869598
I’m going to guess the Redbreast, just because………

I'm going to guess the Sexton wasn't your favorite. Too fruity?
(My guess helps the next fella, etc.)

I do like the 13th Colony as a simple drinker. Nothing fancy, but an all around ok bourbon. Now that their cask strength whatever won some award it's jumped in price $5-10/ bottle.
I don't remember if I did it on purpose or just subconsciously, but they are lined up in order of preference from left to right. The Sexton was actually my favorite until I tried the Teeling and the OF. Then it got demoted a couple spots.

Personally, I'd rate the 13th Colony above a lot of other stuff that seems to be more highly regarded. Blanton's, Booker's, Four Roses SB, Eagle Rare, BT, and Weller are some that I've had that I didn't really like and would rate below 13th Colony.

Back
Top Bottom