• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
Im not a bourbon guy,never have been, I guess its my palate. Everything taste the same and nothing is smooth like Ive been promised BUT I did do the tour up at the JD distillery and the last sample on my flight was a taste of "Sinatra select" that was, for whatever reason,totally awesome!!
Perhaps you just haven't had the right ones yet? I wasn't a bourbon guy either until a few months ago.

Just curious if anyone has seen a Pappy 15yr in the wild recently. From what I understand, they get released by the distributers to certain shops about this time of the year. Trying to see if one can be found in the metro area without breaking the bank.

Just curious if anyone has seen a Pappy 15yr in the wild recently. From what I understand, they get released by the distributers to certain shops about this time of the year. Trying to see if one can be found in the metro area without breaking the bank.
I don't know for sure if they had the 15, but I know a couple of places that had some Pappy's recently. Without breaking the bank depends on what your definition of that is. Judging by what else they had just sitting there, I'm gonna say the prices are probably higher than giraffe balls.

I don't know for sure if they had the 15, but I know a couple of places that had some Pappy's recently. Without breaking the bank depends on what your definition of that is. Judging by what else they had just sitting there, I'm gonna say the prices are probably higher than giraffe balls.

Most stores I've seen ask around $1500 when they have it. That would be breaking the bank for me. I know of a few shops that have had it from time to time but have not stopped by since the allocated drops have occurred this year. If you feel more comfortable sending a PM to tell me the names of a few places then that would be awesome! Thanks.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the Sagamore Sherry Finish. Their Double Oak is probably my favorite bottle out of everything I have right now. I almost grabbed a Cask Strength today, but put it back in favor of another bottle of Double Oak.
I'm a bourbon drinking and have only tried rye one time..I heard good reports on the Sagamore, might have to try it one day...

I'm a bourbon drinking and have only tried rye one time..I heard good reports on the Sagamore, might have to try it one day...
I've only had the Double Oak so far, but I love it. I would say it's similar to Woodford Double Oaked, but much better. And Woodford DO is one of my top 3 favorite bourbons. The Sagamore DO beats the WR and and everything else I've had, hands down.

I have only tried a couple of other ryes prior to that, and didn't like them very much.

I've only had the Double Oak so far, but I love it. I would say it's similar to Woodford Double Oaked, but much better. And Woodford DO is one of my top 3 favorite bourbons. The Sagamore DO beats the WR and and everything else I've had, hands down.

I have only tried a couple of other ryes prior to that, and didn't like them very much.
I'll give it a shot pun intended

Back
Top Bottom