• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The New Odt My Ass

Why do you have to click 3 buttons to quote someone? I just clicked reply.

Although, I will agree that the site is far clunkier. It's very "busy" and there isn't as much separation between posts and sections so it looks like one big mess.

The new terminology makes no sense. "Conversations", "My Content" neither of which are what you expect them to be. Seems like something some 24 year "site usability experts" dreamed up. This the ODT, not Match.com. Less is more on a site like this.

And don't get me started on how it works on my phone. I won't be on as much either unless I'm behind a large screen. Maybe I'll warm up to it. Oh well.

Conversations are awesome. Instead of 30 different pm's from a person with varying degrees of disaster quotes, you can have the whole conversation in one place, all in the proper order. And you can easily upload pictures or videos like you would in a thread. And you can add more people to the same conversation, which is nice when trying to plan something or work a multi person trade.

It's weird and I hated it when I first used it. Vbulletin seems very old after using xenforo for a while.

Conversations are awesome. Instead of 30 different pm's from a person with varying degrees of disaster quotes, you can have the whole conversation in one place, all in the proper order. And you can easily upload pictures or videos like you would in a thread. And you can add more people to the same conversation, which is nice when trying to plan something or work a multi person trade.

It's weird and I hated it when I first used it. Vbulletin seems very old after using xenforo for a while.

I guess that only applies to PMs going forward because mine are still separated? That does sound awesome, actually. That's how iphone and Outlook group the messages from the same person. And finally being able to send pics in PMs (easily) is LONG overdue.

My gripe is more about the terminology itself. It does not seem like it would be intuitive to a lot of ODT users. It's very modern and seems geared toward more savvy users. I'm sure the functionality we gained is awesome, but discovering it should be a bit more intuitive and familiar to long time users and new members alike.

Also, not sure why ads take up so much space now. I'm having to scroll down the page more than previously to see the first post. Not a huge deal, but its especially annoying on my phone.

I guess that only applies to PMs going forward because mine are still separated? That does sound awesome, actually. That's how iphone and Outlook group the messages from the same person. And finally being able to send pics in PMs (easily) is LONG overdue.

My gripe is more about the terminology itself. It does not seem like it would be intuitive to a lot of ODT users. It's very modern and seems geared toward more savvy users. I'm sure the functionality we gained is awesome, but discovering it should be a bit more intuitive and familiar to long time users and new members alike.

Also, not sure why ads take up so much space now. I'm having to scroll down the page more than previously to see the first post. Not a huge deal, but its especially annoying on my phone.

Yeah, conversations only applies to new pms, and it is awesome.

I'm going to look into changing some of the terminology back to what we're used to. I think it shouldn't be too hard to do. Just replace all instances of conversation with private message for one.

Yeah, conversations only applies to new pms, and it is awesome.

I'm going to look into changing some of the terminology back to what we're used to. I think it shouldn't be too hard to do. Just replace all instances of conversation with private message for one.
Yea, OS the old private message format seemed to be better. Thanks for all your hard work.

I have changed my alert preferences so I do not get them anymore. Can anyone tell me how to remove the old one that still keep showing up? Someone said you have to open it to remove it, but it does not seem to let me do that.

Back
Top Bottom