• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The New Odt My Ass

I use this site mostly for the Classifieds section, and to help promote GCO issues and concerns. I do not participate in the "social" threads that seem to take up most of the site.

With that said, here are the reasons that I do not like the new layout.

1. When viewing the list of ads, in handguns for example, I do not really need to see the all the avatars of each person on the left hand side of the screen. It's just more "stuff" that does not need to be seen.

2. When I "hover" over an ad, I have to make sure the ad is in the middle of the screen, or the "hover" screen disappears under the top of my browser. If it went up or down, depending on where the ad was on my screen, then this would be an item I like.

3. Speaking of "like". I know a lot of folks have been asking for a "like" button. For the life of me I do not know why. It seems to be something Facebook users want. I don't get it. It's not in the way, but I don't get it.

4. The new color format is very hard on the eyes. I switched from the blue to green, and that made it better, but the blue, which I like, is very hard to read.

5. The feedback rating chart is nice. Very easy to read and I like that.

6. The location of the members is so small I can barly read it. For a while, I did not even know it was there. It took forever for me to find it!!

7. I don't like having to move my cursor over a thread title to see how many pages or responses a thread has. Minor, I know, but just another thing that seems to be not needed. Just show how many pages a thread has, without adding more steps.

8. The small blue "button" that can be clicked to take you to the last post read in a thread is so small I can barely see it.

9. All the things like "conversations, likes, content, buttons showing locations, etc.", all seem to be geared towards users that are more of the Facebook and social media crowd. Just not my thing.

*****With all that said, nothing I mentioned will stop me from using the site or continuing to be a supporter. I guess I'm just old and prefer a simple and easy to use forum, without a bunch of gadgets and gimmicks.

Thanks for being here for us and providing the service. I appreciate it.

Jerry

If everyone could give me feedback like this my life would be so much easier. Most of that is fixable and I'll get to work on it as soon as the site is stable in a day or two.

You guys need to take a chill pill. :-) People hate change initially but it all works out better almost every time! Remember when computers came into mainstream? Hated the damn things!

OS ain't gonna let his baby be worse than the old site.

Last edited:
As I said earlier, it's not easy to navigate and by no means will I jump ship over it, it is a pian in the butt to get used to! There are some great features and some (the like option) that I true lovely can't stand! There are other forums that have the same layout and I only ghost troll because it is what it is.

OS, this is your house, you run it as you want, I will stay and susupport it and respect you as the man that made us what we are. I might bitch and complain but, I will also give you all of the credit due. This site rocks and will continue to be one of the greatest sites available and for anyone who don't believe it, look at the Katherine Paige Bell page! .

Now, yall stop crying like school girls and get back to bashing someone!

Sorry Guys but this new site is clunky and will drive people away. Why change something that was working so well? I can relate to post about not spending as much time here. I was spending 2-3 hours an evening. Now I'm lucky to be able to Stomach 15 minutes. You have really messed up ODT!

Sorry Guys but this new site is clunky and will drive people away. Why change something that was working so well? I can relate to post about not spending as much time here. I was spending 2-3 hours an evening. Now I'm lucky to be able to Stomach 15 minutes. You have really messed up ODT!

Because it really wasn't working so well. Lots of stuff was broken and the software is becoming unsupported. It was a nightmare to find someone to even work on it for me.

Guys, please believe me when I say that I would not have made the change if I didn't feel like we had to.

As for not using the site as much as before, that's up to you, but I don't really understand it. The content is the same, and isn't that why you come here?

You guys need to take a chill pill. :-) People hate change initially but it all works out better almost every time! Remember when computers came into mainstream? Hated the damn things!

OS ain't gonna let his baby be worse than the old site.

I agree. I am quick to bitch but also support change if it a good thing. No one can honestly say what this will be until tha bugs are worked out.

Back
Top Bottom