• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Teen Convicted of Manslaughter sentenced to attend church for 10 Years?

Only time will tell I guess. I think its kind of cool. I mean he made a serious error in judgement but he's a teenager and I made a slew of mistakes as a teenager I was lucky I didn't kill anyone the few times I drove buzzed. What he did was stupid but Ive done just as stupid of stuff I guess I was just a little more cautious.

If my child had died id be really upset.

Yes but look how even though he made a bad decision he may not be a bad kid but putting him in prison for 25 years is going to make him much worse. Im not saying the punishment fits the crime but given the circumstance this may change his life. I have a friend who is a Judge and a lot of times if he can tell the kid he calls them whether their 15-35 if they really ask him and show any genuinely remorseful feelings he will give them community service instead of thousands in fines and no way to pay them back because they cant get a job or any way back and forth to a job. Just for instances a couple months back he had a few teenagers paint the courtroom as community service for crimes like marijuana possession unruly behavior and petty theft. He understands that when they have a charge like that against them it just messes their whole life up so he always gives them a chance and he will admit it helps about 50-75% of the time but thats better than not helping them at all.

Did the decision signify which religion? It could be of his choice.

That kid is probably very happy with his sentence.

I don't think there are a lot of synagogues and mosques in the bible belt...

Hopefully, it'll be one of those snake handling churches :D

Back
Top Bottom