• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tax stamp question

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
So upon some reading it appears that the only person you are required to show your tax stamp to is an ATF officer/agent. you have no legal responsibility to show it to a local police department or anyone else for that matter. Can anyone confirm if this is true?
From form 4, which does not include that it has to be made available to anyone else.
"This approved application is the registrant’s proof of registration and it shall be made available to any ATF officer upon request."

Law enforcement I would show it to.............Range officer.......It depends on how I was asked.

But then again, the range officer where I shoot keeps asking me for updates on my SBR and supressor every time I go in. So, I do not expect an issue. :D

I'll show a police officer, Ill show any law enforcement officer. Some range nazi? No. Bugger off. That's why I do not shoot at public ranges. That has my personal info on it. If I'm not required by law to show it (a range officer has no legal authority ) then I'm not going to.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, don't want to get all tin foil hat here but what right does a range officer have in asking to see papers?

He has no right IMO. I'd leave before I show anything to a demanding range officer.

So what if the LEO has no knowledge on silencers? What if the cops thinks its illegal? Just like some who think "open" carry is illegal even with permit.

It would be a good idea to inform the Leo and show him your paperwork. It would be a little unnecessary to not show a Leo.

Well it's a good idea to but what if it's one of those LEO who knows what's legal and what's not. If a LEO is convinced its illegal, it's illegal. Hey I'm sure the guy who got arrested sometime earlier this year in GA for open carrying, showed his permit...

Back
Top Bottom