• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus Judge.....

From the sound of what the Judge does "up close and personal" with buckshot, this may become my next vehicle gun! Only an idiot would want to be on the business end of this thing!!!
OMG.....my son has the Public Defender.........I would NEVER want to be on the receiving end of that when it is fired.....It is very scary and drop dead deadly!!!

have you seen the winchester shells for it pdx1 defender 4 plated disc and 16 plated bbs. i saw a cooking sheet shot with 1 of these it had 4 holes the size of a quarter and 16 bb holes in an area of about 10" it was shot from 20 feet

I just don't understand Taurus marketing a gun that uses shotgun shells for CCW. It seems very irresponsible in my opinion. I think like a bunch of you have mentioned it would be great car gun, or possibly a good gun for the woods but not for CCW at least with the 410 rounds.

This one we ordered for my wife. It is the titanium ultra lite 2 1/2 cylinder and 3 inch barrel.
First let me say this: If you go and buy this guy and expect to stand out at 35 and 50 yards and it perform like a S&W or Glock....you wasted your money. Take a close look at this gun and what it is intended to be. This gun is made for a last ditch attempt to get someone off of you or to keep someone that is already CLOSE off of you. this is NOT a gun you want to be in a gun fight with. I sum it up by saying this IS however the perfect gun for my wife. She can conceal it and it is super light. NO the recoil is not really bad at all even being that light. These guns are made for PROTECTION!! It is well suited for having in the car with you in case of a car jacking. Or on your person in case of an abduction attempt.
Now for the review. I bought this gun for my wife's everyday carry. It is fact that most shootings happen within 7 feet. So that being said we did most of our shooting at 5 and 10 yards. We have several different types of ammo. Including 00 buck shot, #4 shot # 8 shot and 45 long colt by hornady home defense. We shot them all at the ranges mentioned before. The 00 buckshot (3 pellets)will stay inside a human size target at both distances. Most of the #4 shot will stay inside at 5 yards and at 10 you start to get flyers. #8 shot is kinda what I think of as spray and pray, mind you "most" of the pellets stayed inside the target but you did have a lot that did not. The 45lc is very accurate coming out of this gun at that distance. Even at 25 yards I was able to place all 5 shots inside the human size target and my wife averages 4 out of 5 even at 25 yards, but my wife is an avid shooter.
End thoughts, If you buy this gun for what it was made for....you will be VERY pleased. If you buy one expecting more than what they really are you WILL be disappointed. I HIGHLY recommend this handgun for women. In the heat of the moment they may not rememeber you line this sight up with this sight and squeeze the trigger. The Judge does away with that. This gun is a point and shoot. If you are in the market for a self defense handgun for your wife I would suggest looking at the Judge. Well built and I think this gun will be around for a long time.

Thanks for you personal review on this Judge. I have never owned one, although I think they are neat lookng.By you and your wife shooting and explaining in detail you answed alot of questions, that I had about it and hopefully it answed alot for other member,Thanks for reporting.

Great read, I bought one for my wife and it stays next to the bed and in her purse for long trips. We keep the winchester home defense rounds in there and at 20yards the target is dead with only one or two flyers. I also take it hunting as a snakegun. lets just say south GA has a few less snakes thanks to this gun.

Back
Top Bottom