• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus Judge.....

TBurnham

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
41   0
Reaction score
This one we ordered for my wife. It is the titanium ultra lite 2 1/2 cylinder and 3 inch barrel.
First let me say this: If you go and buy this guy and expect to stand out at 35 and 50 yards and it perform like a S&W or Glock....you wasted your money. Take a close look at this gun and what it is intended to be. This gun is made for a last ditch attempt to get someone off of you or to keep someone that is already CLOSE off of you. this is NOT a gun you want to be in a gun fight with. I sum it up by saying this IS however the perfect gun for my wife. She can conceal it and it is super light. NO the recoil is not really bad at all even being that light. These guns are made for PROTECTION!! It is well suited for having in the car with you in case of a car jacking. Or on your person in case of an abduction attempt.
Now for the review. I bought this gun for my wife's everyday carry. It is fact that most shootings happen within 7 feet. So that being said we did most of our shooting at 5 and 10 yards. We have several different types of ammo. Including 00 buck shot, #4 shot # 8 shot and 45 long colt by hornady home defense. We shot them all at the ranges mentioned before. The 00 buckshot (3 pellets)will stay inside a human size target at both distances. Most of the #4 shot will stay inside at 5 yards and at 10 you start to get flyers. #8 shot is kinda what I think of as spray and pray, mind you "most" of the pellets stayed inside the target but you did have a lot that did not. The 45lc is very accurate coming out of this gun at that distance. Even at 25 yards I was able to place all 5 shots inside the human size target and my wife averages 4 out of 5 even at 25 yards, but my wife is an avid shooter.
End thoughts, If you buy this gun for what it was made for....you will be VERY pleased. If you buy one expecting more than what they really are you WILL be disappointed. I HIGHLY recommend this handgun for women. In the heat of the moment they may not rememeber you line this sight up with this sight and squeeze the trigger. The Judge does away with that. This gun is a point and shoot. If you are in the market for a self defense handgun for your wife I would suggest looking at the Judge. Well built and I think this gun will be around for a long time.

I like the way you think. Same thought process I had when I built out a 20 ga HD shotgun for my wife. God help you scare her enough to grab it in the house. Cuz if she grabs it, the coroner is going to be picking shot out of you for days.

LOL....I load the Judge 45lc buckshot 45lc buckshot buckshot. I think she can handle anything that may happen. Plus read my piece about keeping a pistol mounted in the trunk of her car. In case of an abduction we have a pistol hidden in the trunk that she would have access to. Lord help the person when they open the trunk to get her out!!!!

Yeah, I saw that one. Damn fine idea. Hope it's all acedemic though, and never needed. I still have a hard time getting my wife to the range, but she has a natural eye when she does shoot. She's lost quite a bit of weight lately, so really had to rethink the 12 ga idea. Wound up building out a Mav 88 20 ga into a recoil suppressed adjustable stock 18" monster. This thing has a 24" pattern at 21 feet. She loves to shoot it because it absolutely destroys the sillouettes (sp) with turkey loads + it has about the recoil of a light 410.

Yeah, I saw that one. Damn fine idea. Hope it's all acedemic though, and never needed. I still have a hard time getting my wife to the range, but she has a natural eye when she does shoot. She's lost quite a bit of weight lately, so really had to rethink the 12 ga idea. Wound up building out a Mav 88 20 ga into a recoil suppressed adjustable stock 18" monster. This thing has a 24" pattern at 21 feet. She loves to shoot it because it absolutely destroys the sillouettes (sp) with turkey loads + it has about the recoil of a light 410.

LOL...whatever it takes to get the to the range. Im very blessed as mine loves to shoot as much as I do. And we both love big bore pistol, I had to take up reloading!!!!!!!!!

My father has the exact same weapon. Nice piece. I enjoyed shooting it with him this summer. I was surprised at how manageable the recoil was. I will add one to my collection some day.

I was most impressed with the 000 buckshot and the 410 slugs ......the slugs were actually more accurate than the 45colt rounds ......... and the 45colt was not very accurate at all in the one I had ! ;(

and the 410 slugs I shot in mine had a muzzle velocity of over 1800fps ;O............... I tested them against a 44mag in an old washing machine and they blew a way bigger hole ...

if I get another Judge I would like a lightweight one as the all steel ones fully loaded aint to light ......

Back
Top Bottom