Suzuki 4 wheeler question

Big Belly J

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
Scruffy Nerfherder
374   0
Reaction score
I picked up a 2001 Suzuki Quadrunner 500 a few weeks back and as it stands i am very happy with..
But i would like to get the carburetor rebuilt or replaced which ever makes more sense...
so the question is does anyone know someone around acworth who is knowledgeable and trustworthy that i could take it too?
or is there member on hefre that knows of these things and what i should do...
It runs great but studders some at first crank...
idles good after that just seems to idle a little bit "low" or "soft"...
if that makes any sense..
any help would be great

Sounds like you just need to adjust your idle. studder on start is nothing to worry about its just building vacuum and rpms to get going plus there might be some oil or excess gas in the cylinders it has to burn and push out before it gets going.

One or two things are possibly happening. 1st check your intake , its generally 2 pcs of aluminum encased in a hard molded rubber.
Make sure there aren't any cracks in it. A quick way to check is to get it running and warm and spray a little WD-40 around the intake if it speeds up or dies off, that's your problem. Secondly, could be a partial clogged idle or intermediate jet inside the carb bowl. Today's corn gas reeks havoc on these smaller carbs. I recommend some SEA FOAM in the tank, it actually cleans. Stah-bill
I don't care for.

Back
Top Bottom