• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Survival Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
it sounds bad, but where we camped, it was picked clean. there was no dead wood on the ground. You could see where previous campers chopped down live trees but I can't do that. We saw one that was dead and down, but we would have needed a couple of chainsaws to cut it up.

I think if we go to dawson forest we would have a good shot b/c it's not a highly camped area like where we were this past weekend.

Chris- are you going to join us?

Dude, it was bad. Even the dead trees would not burn, they just smoked alot. It is one thing to survive when you have to, but honestly, if I had not brought two bundles, it would have been rough with the wind making the fire consume wood in a few minutes

Dude, it was bad. Even the dead trees would not burn, they just smoked alot. It is one thing to survive when you have to, but honestly, if I had not brought two bundles, it would have been rough with the wind making the fire consume wood in a few minutes

Sounds like a dakota fire hole might have been in order....though it only works if the park allows digging.

was this more reason to snuggle!!;)

Sounds like a dakota fire hole might have been in order....though it only works if the park allows digging.

Dont think so, they had "No cutting, removing trees for firewood" and "Leave camping sites undisturbed" signs, so they had a stone pit already made up when we were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom