Survival Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIKER13

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
Indians wont bother you now cuz you are touched
1345   0
Reaction score
I would like to start to put together a survival trip for ODT in Jan 2012.An overnight trip to somewhere easy for more to get to and time enough for some to donate their knowledge of things.The mtn trip was attended by 2 folks.Come on we all let Will down on that one myself included,sorry Will.So its the first of Oct we have time and we should see what we can do for this event.Fire making,compass reading,orienteering,topo things of that nature,if you know can you share.It'll be cooler so we can have a fire and sing campfire songs if you wish.LOL.Alright its out there,lets pick up and run with it.I like the Yargo idea as a first choice.

I am up for some cold weather camping......right now I have no travel scheduled for that month except for the US Lacrosse Convention (Jan 13-15). I can schedule my work travel around my weekends when I have advance notice. :)

Like always, let me know when and where. I'll be there. I camped last year during the weekend of Jan.8th in the mountains in Dahlonega. It never got above 36 during the day and it was 9 degrees at night. I slept in a mummy bag in my hammock and never got cold. i did wear a baclava around my face when I went to bed though. It was cold. I am down though. I like cold weather camping. The only thing will and i wished we brought more of was firewood. the camping area we were at was picked clean of wood. The place will and I went to was good. I've heard that dawson forest up by dawsonville is very nice too. That's up to you Biker, since you are the organizer of the trip.

Buying firewood for a survival trip? That's classic!

it sounds bad, but where we camped, it was picked clean. there was no dead wood on the ground. You could see where previous campers chopped down live trees but I can't do that. We saw one that was dead and down, but we would have needed a couple of chainsaws to cut it up.

I think if we go to dawson forest we would have a good shot b/c it's not a highly camped area like where we were this past weekend.

Chris- are you going to join us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom