• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suggestions for a compact DA/SA 9mm

I HAD a Hellcat. Good gun. I sold it, though, and bought a Sig P365. Better gun, IMO. IMO, it feels slightly better in the hand and definitely shoots softer. I added MAGGUTS (google those) and increased the capacity of my mags by 2 without lengthening the grip.
If you're entertaining CZ, then here's my .2. The P-07 is a good gun, the Rami (same size as a 26, believe it or not) is better, but the PCR (Compact D) is even better. It's my favorite all-time pistol. I've had +60. I haven't had the P-09 or the P-01. The P-01 is the size of the PCR, but with a rail. It's really hard to go wrong with CZ if you're willing to go compact.
Gives me pause to think or I’m going to spend my money too fast. You know that cash rush feeling after you sell a gun. Well I sold Two on Monday. I am going to go test fire the P365, I am going to shoot the G43x too but don’t want another striker gun. I like the lines of the P365 streamlined look. I have a P290 RS that is for sale now not really fan of DAO. And I’m tired of only having Sig or Glock as the usual suspects choice.
I like DA/SA for complete peace of mind of having a round in the chamber.

I HAD a Hellcat. Good gun. I sold it, though, and bought a Sig P365. Better gun, IMO. IMO, it feels slightly better in the hand and definitely shoots softer. I added MAGGUTS (google those) and increased the capacity of my mags by 2 without lengthening the grip.
If you're entertaining CZ, then here's my .2. The P-07 is a good gun, the Rami (same size as a 26, believe it or not) is better, but the PCR (Compact D) is even better. It's my favorite all-time pistol. I've had +60. I haven't had the P-09 or the P-01. The P-01 is the size of the PCR, but with a rail. It's really hard to go wrong with CZ if you're willing to go compact.
Here’s my issue with duty sized 9mm’s. Body printing. The PCR would be the same size as my SAR 9 about 7x5x1 is a lot to hide. I rarely carry it. I’m tall and thin and don’t hide bulk well. I was appendix carrying a PT111 but switched to SOB. Even then it takes a baggy shirt.

You need to shoot the Rami before you buy one. It’s one of those love or hate it guns. I’m a HUGE CZ fan, however I don’t care for the Rami. on the flip side, the P01 to me is the perfect sized/capacity, and after the trip to Cajun it’s not leaving my collection.
With hot ammo and smaller frame even though it’s all steel I would guess that’s it’s A little snappy.

Even an all steel .32 ACP Zastava M70 I have has that “aluminum baseball bat” rings to it.

PX4 Compact fits the bill. Accurate, soft shooting and really easy to carry. Convert it to decocker only without any additional parts. Add a trigger bar from Langdon Tactical and a new hammer spring and things get fun very quickly.

I know its not what you asked, but rent a 43X before you buy anything. I have shot handguns for 30+ years and this is a natural shooter and can front pocket carry in khakis. I went to buy a 365, but honestly it felt too small to me.

Here’s my issue with duty sized 9mm’s. Body printing. The PCR would be the same size as my SAR 9 about 7x5x1 is a lot to hide. I rarely carry it. I’m tall and thin and don’t hide bulk well. I was appendix carrying a PT111 but switched to SOB. Even then it takes a baggy shirt.
So am I. That's why it's PCR in winter and XDE in summer.
As far as shirts, same issue but I can hide a small child under a Tru-Spec button up shirt.

Back
Top Bottom