• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suggestions for a compact DA/SA 9mm

You need to shoot the Rami before you buy one. It’s one of those love or hate it guns. I’m a HUGE CZ fan, however I don’t care for the Rami. on the flip side, the P01 to me is the perfect sized/capacity, and after the trip to Cajun it’s not leaving my collection.
Good advice that I will follow. I am ready to add another couple of hundred dollars more to get to a new level of performance. Some where between Full size and compact. DA/SA single stack probably. In 9mm not .40I I like the Springfield Hellcat but it seems to be just another polymer gun.

No sir, in most places they're $700 tops for a BD model. Fantastic DA/SA pistol that's the size of a 26 but much purdier. I use the 14rd extended mag and with that mag FEEL is exceptional! I've got the BD (decocker) model now. The one seen in my avatar was the safety model. It got traded away.
I’m trying to predict or gauge my expectations on how much better performance will be in terms of trigger characteristics, muzzle lift / mitigating recoil. going from my current Sar 9 which I love but it still feels like another $399 Euro polymer player. Going up to a $700 9mm HK P30 or Hellcat or Walther PPQ. are all options.

When I got the SAR 9 it opened my eyes to what bigger frames, duty or full sized guns offer in accuracy. It’s piqued my interest in competitive shooting.

Good advice that I will follow. I am ready to add another couple of hundred dollars more to get to a new level of performance. Some where between Full size and compact. DA/SA single stack probably. In 9mm not .40I I like the Springfield Hellcat but it seems to be just another polymer gun.
I HAD a Hellcat. Good gun. I sold it, though, and bought a Sig P365. Better gun, IMO. IMO, it feels slightly better in the hand and definitely shoots softer. I added MAGGUTS (google those) and increased the capacity of my mags by 2 without lengthening the grip.
If you're entertaining CZ, then here's my .2. The P-07 is a good gun, the Rami (same size as a 26, believe it or not) is better, but the PCR (Compact D) is even better. It's my favorite all-time pistol. I've had +60. I haven't had the P-09 or the P-01. The P-01 is the size of the PCR, but with a rail. It's really hard to go wrong with CZ if you're willing to go compact.

my best friend carrys a cz p01 omega or a Smith and Wesson 5924 decocker only model. both are really nice pistols. I have tried to get him to sell me that 5924 the whole plandemic. He bought it in Denver for $500 from a gun store...unfired with 5 mags.

Back
Top Bottom