Suggest locking down replies on B/S/T threads except for OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

VolGrad

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
109   0
Reaction score
I know this was controversial when GON locked the threads down but I liked it. It drives me freakin' nuts when people choose to banter back and forth with each other (not even with the OP), choose to make random comments, etc. in someone's B/S/T thread.

What is the purpose? It doesn't give them a bump and 99% of the posts aren't questions or comments helpful to the seller at all.

What it does is gives all subscribers and, more importantly the OP, a notification of a post in the thread. The seller probably thinks he has an interested party so he goes to check it only to find random crap. It would be different if the posts could somehow be limited to legitimate questions ... but there's no way to do that.

EDIT: It also clutters up the thread and distracts potential buyers from the item at hand.

Here's a great example;
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/showthread.php?41701-NIB-Glock-19-OD

If I'm the only one that feels this way then please ignore this post and I'll just continue to scratch my head about it.

I like banter.. Sometimes keeps people honest... If you dont .. then do as CCW suggested... Place your ad and close it....

In theory maybe. However, usually if someone makes a "keeping the seller honest" type comment it's seen as negative ... which is against the rules. I subscribe by the "buyer beware" philosophy. Know what you are looking at and what it's worth before you post, "I'll take it.".

This again.

Have a free classified section, options for all these controls, and it's still a weekly complaint.

Like I've said, I havent heard or seen it affect anyone's sale. But if that's your preference....to each their own.

Vol I am upset that you didnt link to my thread as the example. But then again you know me enough to know that I am going to have fun and make a thread that is going to evoke responses form people and get them wound up even though I have a perfectly legit ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom