Stupid gun shop employees/owners Part 9763

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
So, I put an MVB ARC stock on my SBR (woohoo! 22" OAL!!)
I don't have time to get out to my usual range for the next few weeks and I just want to throw a few mags through real quick to function check.
OK, no problem, lemme try the PSA store/range that's local....no friggin go....their rifle lane is still down.....it's only been six months.....
OK, no big deal, there's another shop/range just past them.....I call to make sure rifle calibers aren't a problem.
"Oh yeah, no problem, whacha gonna shoot"
"Just my SBR AR"
"Well, how short is the barrel?"
"7.5"
"yeah, you can't shoot that here, it's dangerous, the bullets don't stabilize and they go all over the place.....it'll go right through my wall"

Wow.....if the round will destabilize that bad in 25m, it's a miracle I've been able to zero optics and irons at 50-100m with no problem....

I don't have time to get out to my usual range for the next few weeks and I just want to throw a few mags through real quick to function check.
OK, no problem, lemme try the PSA store/range that's local....no friggin go....their rifle lane is still down.....it's only been six months.....
OK, no big deal, there's another shop/range just past them.....I call to make sure rifle calibers aren't a problem.
"Just my SBR AR"
"7.5"
"yeah, you can't shoot that here, it's dangerous, the bullets don't stabilize and they go all over the place.....it'll go right through my wall"

Wow.....if the round will destabilize that bad in 25m, it's a miracle I've been able to zero optics and irons at 50-100m with no problem....

Almost as bad as my local FFL saying they will never deal Class 3 because they don't want the ATF to be able to search their home anytime they want....

"Just my SBR AR"
"7.5"

Id say you've been very lucky too...I mean, what if the bullet did a 180 an came back at you? might want to get a longer barrel

Wow, and to think I won't go to a range that won't let you shoot steel-cased ammo.

Just do a desk pop function check.

We've all done 'em.

C'mon...

Back
Top Bottom