• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

STRIBOG?

Doing a little comparing in my office tonight, broke out the gauges .. PROs & CONs.. SP9A1 Trigger Pull out of the Box, 5.50,.. CZ 10lbs/5.48 with spring kit. SP trigger has a better reset than the CZ, very short and quick...... SP Weight w/20rd mag, 6.5lb...CZ, 6.11. SP Better Stock Grip... CZ, Everest Grip added.. SP Safety is very easy to use....... CZ, AK style safety added to take bite out of stock Safety. SP Charging handle is larger than Stock CZ handle, added larger to CZ.. Cost of 20 & 30 rd mags are about the same. Both are very well made, but SP has a more solid feel to it. Range test in the next week or two, at 25-50-100m range. I love my CZ, but the SP is starting to grow on me.. Lets see how they punch paper :rolleyes:

First live fire review, fired 5 rds from 50m. Fired two rds first into center to see where the rds were going and to get a feel, next three into head, it holds a fairly tight pattern. all from a standing using the iron sights. First, it prefers a heavier load, 115 appears a bit light for the bolt (of course it's brand new, needs a break in) Heavy bolt, feels like shooting a 22LR. Second, the flip up sights are nice but could be a little larger. Going to load 124's next, even my CZ Scorpion prefers the 124 over the 115's.. after that, move the target out to 100m. over all, it feels lighter in the hand than it looks. it does have a non reciprocating charging handle so remember to keep your thumb down..
target stribog.jpg

ok, loaded 20 124grain into mag, fired on one of my hanging steel plates at 50m "OH YEAH" world of different from the 115. Had the plate a-rockin. not one FTF, ran like a sewing machine as fast as I could pull the trigger, with the very short trigger reset, it almost feel binary .. :thumb:

Good to see carbines given so much love. Competition always brings variety. The Stribog looks like another winner esp for the price. Thanks for the info.

Fired some tracers on my range last night, if you get a chance to fire a Stribog, you'll be amazed how smooth it runs. It's not the best looking sub gun like the prima donnas like MP5, etc but the trigger pull is much better, best I've seen on a sub. Eats ammo like a Fat Guy at a buffet .. Very accurate, sad to say more so than my CZ Scorpion and an MP5. Would like to see more accessories ..

Back
Top Bottom