Stop "Banter" in for sale ads

I am guility of posting useless banter. I like certain styles of weapons, and view them, even though I cannot buy them. The point was made, I heard it, and it is valid. I will refrain from most of my useless banter. I will PM more and not use open forum to wish a seller well, state that I believe it is a great weapon (who cares what I think), and the like. However, some of the banter I post is not useless, most is, but every now and then I actually have something to say. I like this site, was never on GON or whatever it was, and I really enjoy speaking with the member on this site. There is one area that needs attention, I do not believe anyone should bash a member's price on a weapon on open forum. Use a PM, or just do not reply. It is rude to do that to a member on open forum. My 2 cents.

I never post banter.................riiiiiiiiight.....

Notice that the OP only has 19 posts. If you spend a little more time on the site, I think you'll get to where you really appreciate the banter, kinmanship, and fellowship that takes place and grows here on the ODT.

This truly the greatest forum I've ever been a member of. Its the free spirit and not-overly-regulated-and-restrictive nature of the site that makes it a place where people like to spend their time!

If you're just looking for basic, bland listings where no comments are allowed....Gunbroker is a great site for that. Just sayin'.

I am guility of posting useless banter. I like certain styles of weapons, and view them, even though I cannot buy them. The point was made, I heard it, and it is valid. I will refrain from most of my useless banter. I will PM more and not use open forum to wish a seller well, state that I believe it is a great weapon (who cares what I think), and the like. However, some of the banter I post is not useless, most is, but every now and then I actually have something to say. I like this site, was never on GON or whatever it was, and I really enjoy speaking with the member on this site. There is one area that needs attention, I do not believe anyone should bash a member's price on a weapon on open forum. Use a PM, or just do not reply. It is rude to do that to a member on open forum. My 2 cents.

That is the one thing we do try to enforce. If you see a negative listing comment let a moderator or myself know and it will be removed.

hey shep, reload your avatar so it is larger :)

I'm trying...but it keeps showing up the same size. Maybe the image height is too tall? Help me out here, Steve...I reloaded it using the original URL, then reloaded it twice from my computer, but it isn't getting any bigger (the picture, that is....)? Do I need to crop it down?

EDIT: Cropped it down a little and that helped.

You're welcome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom