• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stagnant Offers; When Do You Pull The Plug?

Just curious, if you reach out with an offer to a seller "how long do you give them before you consider the offer no longer valid?"

12 hours, a day, couple days, a week?

The standing stagnation of recent offers has gotten to where I'm considering placing a written stipulation in the offer that spells out it's only valid for 48 hours from the stamp of the first PM.

I'd say a couple days. Not everyone's glued to a browser, but on the other hand, if you post something for sale, wouldn't you want to actually sell it?

I haven't done any sales on here, but I've made some purchases. If I make an offer or reach out to the seller and I don't hear anything back within 2 days, I'll just move on, assuming it's probably been sold or put back in the safe.

Just curious, if you reach out with an offer to a seller "how long do you give them before you consider the offer no longer valid?"

The standing stagnation of recent offers has gotten to where I'm considering placing a written stipulation in the offer that spells out it's only valid for 48 hours from the stamp of the first PM.
I usually go in and check their activity. If they haven’t been on, there may be stuff like work and honeydo involved. Give ‘em another day or two (although common courtesy would include some response from them).
If they’ve been all over the site for two days, I send a reminder PM. If still no response after a couple of hours, I write ’em off and move on.

It’s no longer valid when there is no completed deal. You don’t get the deal, you have lost nothing.

Back
Top Bottom