Springfield V10 Ultra Compact???

oxbat

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
113   0
Reaction score
Got a line on a V10 UC in. 45acp for what seem to be a good price for a Springer. Anyone have any experience with these? Appropriate value? Google reviews are hit and miss. Any info? Thanks!

Last edited:
As a matter of fact I have one. I traded for the V-10 a couple of years ago. The finish was horriblie, but the internals were good. I read all the reviews about how the flash would blind you, powder from the porting flying back into your face, all garbage as far as I am concerned. Here is what I know from mine. Mine is the Ultra Compact V-10, it is all steel and it is heavy compared to the alloy 1911's. For an Ultra Compact, 3 1/2 inch barrel, I find it to be much more accurate than I am, but that is not a shock. When I first got it, I had some FTE problems, but once I polished the ramp, havn't had a problem since. Several months back, I had it refinished, put new stocks on it and I really like it. I shoot it and it is as good and dependable as any gun I have. Now, about the fireball and the power flying back into your face from the porting. Pure garbage! You want to see a fireball, shoot a full load .44 mag out of a 3 inch barrel. Now that is a fireball!
Here is mine. If you feel the price is good, buy it.
[Broken External Image]:

I had an Ultra Compact but it wasn't a V10, my youngest son has it now. It is a very accurate pistol to have a 3 5/8" barrel, a little on the heavy side but I never had a problem with the weight myself. A good quality holster will make you forget about the weight. In my opinion they're very good quality pistols that pack a heck of a punch and very easy to conceal. Like JWC said, if you feel the price is good.....buy it.

Back
Top Bottom