• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield Prodigy

Prodigy an entry level 2011:
Fitted barrel, slide and frame....the other parts not so much.
This keeps the cost down.

The high end guns have fitted everything.
That attention to detail and higher quality parts is what you are paying for there.

The problem was the Prodigy entry into the market was poorly executed, and product reputation took a hit right off the bat and now that it's teething problems are fixed it has alot more competition in the same price range.

Prodigy,Tisas/Mac, Alpha Foxtrot and others are slipping to to the shallow end of the pool.

These are all decent starting points to get your feet wet and each weapon has its strong points.

Only you can decide if the juice is worth the squeeze going to the higher end guns.
Some guys just want to play with a "John Wick"
style pistol while others want the unicorn boom stick.

Reasons don't matter as long as you are happy with where your at.
The saying
"Buy once cry once" came about for a reason.

I buy nice guns...and project guns.
Budget, purpose and your personal expectations will influence your happiness with purchase.

1911 style pistols are not modern day style pistols designed to function with minimal care and maintenance.
This is what leads to a lot of the bad reputation these entry level guns receive.

Clean the damn gun before you take it to the range and start bitching about it on the forums!

Take more than one brand of ammo to the range.

Take more than one magazine to the range, preferably a different brand if possible.

Learn how the pistol operates and take note of the type of failures
(If any) you have.
Do some research into the cause and fix of possible failures.

In all honesty the 1911 isn't for everyone.
A CZ single action only or another gun may be better for you.

A Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette has much higher cost for purchase and maintenance than the Accord or Camry and a 1911 can run the spectrum.
Thank you for the advice Winterborne, I appreciate it. although i have never fired a 2011, i have multiple 1911's, all Kimber and Sig, in the distant past when first getting into 1911's i tried some of the lower end, currently at the mid level and considering getting something a little better built, and frankly curious to see how it feels compared to what I currently have. I am happy with the sigs and kimbers, but you don't know what you are missing until you have tried others.

Back
Top Bottom