• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield Prodigy 4.25 several hundred rounds in

sinwagon71

Default rank <3000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
136   0
Reaction score
Well, I have had a 4.25 Springfield Prodigy for a few months now that I traded in to. It was an all-factory gun with the Springfield with the HEX optic and 2 17rds mags. It shot well and has accurate enough to get hits at 15 yds on 33% IPSC steel plates constantly if I do my part. I will say I don’t care for the HEX optic dot seems fuzzy and I can see the refresh rate causing a flicker which bugs me.

Now I decided to play with this gun a little for tuning, starting with just a teardown and polishing the MIM parts and cleaning up any rough spots on the frame around the trigger and bow and the mag release. This did make the gun run a bit smoother to me but nothing drastic as it shot well from the beginning. There were a few things that were not ideal on the gun did not like how far recessed the slide stop was made it hard to operate one-handed and the safety just felt sharp on the edge of my thumb and had a little slop up and down.

So that got me wanting to do some small upgrades below is the parts I have installed. This has dropped the trigger pull weight to around 2 lbs, Safety is positive, and feels good on my thumb. The gun runs like a top and I have no issues with any of the magazines not feeding or locking back. Yes I could have bought a Staccato for a couple hundred more but I like to tinker, I did this one part at a time to see what difference each one made all in all very happy with this now I think I want the 5-inch version

Atlas Gunworks Toolless guide rod
Atlas Gunworks long flat trigger
Atlas Gunworks Perfect Match Ignition Kit with Lightened Hammer
Atlas Gunworks Carry Ambi Thumb Safety
10-8 Performance Mag stop
Dawson Precision Magwell, for STI/Staccato Gen 1 Grips
Atlas Gunworks 23rd Mag
Springfield 20 rd mag
Springfield 26 rd mag
Agency AOS mounting plate for Aimpoint ACRO P2
Aimpoint ACRO P2
Modlite PL350-PLHv2 Light

Attachments

• IMG_1762(1).jpg
    IMG_1762(1).jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 327
Nice, this looks awesome! I’ve been really wanting to get one and do something similar but I keep telling myself I need to focus on shooting what I already have more.

Yea I think I am finally done with it added a few more parts to complete the look.
Changed these final parts :
Ed Brown stainless slide stop
Dawson Precisiongrip stainless grip screws
Dawson Precision drilled and tapped mag release with a stainless button

Attachments

• IMG_1793(1).jpg
    IMG_1793(1).jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 103
I am not sure a staccato shoots any better and even with the parts and watching the prices are still cheaper than the base staccato and seems to be a lot of those for sale on here with little to no rounds on them
There are a lot of glocks for sale. They must suck. There are a lot of Prodigys as well. Your argument is weak sauce.

All
Good but the weak sauce is the old "I mUsT BuY what The InTeRnet TeLlS Me tOo" and nothing is more gooder.

never said they are a ****ty Staccato is a good pistol, they shoot well but why spend more if you do not need to for something to tinker with?

**** I don't like Glocks but at 350 great tool but at 900 not so much I think the same thing about the Staccatos

Back
Top Bottom