Sous Vide Cooking

Meh, Why cook something in a bag then in the water, then put it on the grill or stove to sear??? Put it on the grill at 500 degrees. Do a press test on the meat, Best thermometer from experience and works every time. No fancy machine, no power or timer or bags or well you know what I mean...Charcoal, or Gas Simple and fast..

Meh, Why cook something in a bag then in the water, then put it on the grill or stove to sear??? Put it on the grill at 500 degrees. Do a press test on the meat, Best thermometer from experience and works every time. No fancy machine, no power or timer or bags or well you know what I mean...Charcoal, or Gas Simple and fast..

Tenderizes, cooks perfect end to end, it is a cool gadget.

nice gadget, but I'm a real cook... don't need any of that extra fancy crap!

Interesting. Where I first saw this method was in a discussion on a BBQ forum where I am a member. Some of the hottest discussions there are what cooking medium is best. Many of the good ol' boys there think that if you don't cook with wood or charcoal, you aren't really cooking. Some of them think you are cheating if you use a gas grill or pellet smoker.

Many of that bunch who have sampled food done by Sous Vide have decided to add the equipment to their collection of grills and smokers. It is not meant to replace other types of cooking. Rather, it is just another spoke in the wheel.

Interesting. Where I first saw this method was in a discussion on a BBQ forum where I am a member. Some of the hottest discussions there are what cooking medium is best. Many of the good ol' boys there think that if you don't cook with wood or charcoal, you aren't really cooking. Some of them think you are cheating if you use a gas grill or pellet smoker.

Many of that bunch who have sampled food done by Sous Vide have decided to add the equipment to their collection of grills and smokers. It is not meant to replace other types of cooking. Rather, it is just another spoke in the wheel.

Sure, I get it... it's just like putting a guru on a smoker, set it and forget it! But, it's just not something I can do, I prefer to work by talent. When I get to a point that I'm tired of it, well maybe then!

Once tried a recipe for cooking wild Sockeye Salmon in the dishwasher - used zip lock bags. Turned out pretty good. :hungry:
In for pics on that one! My wife got pissed at me one time because I washed a coyote tail in the dishwasher! I tie my own flies and used it, but had to wash it 'cause it stunk!

Back
Top Bottom