• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sorry for being a dead beat dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not talking about posts by you.
I guess it was just confusing how you worded it then. Which adds to the apparent confusion due to deleted posts and and incomplete conversation.

It would be nice to see the cohesion that many community based forums have, and this one used to. There is a lack of transparency and that doesn't help foster a relationship that is productive.

All the deleted posts, and comments that members should either send OS a PM or start a private help thread. It would be more efficient to answer questions openly so everyone can benefit from the answer rather than just one person. In addition, it would begin to build the trust that has been lost.

...and on that same note, I am reading several rumors that have been started.
If posts and conversations would be allowed in threads like this instead of hidden behind closed doors, there would be far less rumors. Basically unless something is said publicly, then it didn't happen and people are left to their own imaginations. When a private conversation happens, then it is brought up later with the words twisted around, there is no accountability for what was actually said.

I guess it was just confusing how you worded it then. Which adds to the apparent confusion due to deleted posts and and incomplete conversation.

It would be nice to see the cohesion that many community based forums have, and this one used to. There is a lack of transparency and that doesn't help foster a relationship that is productive.

All the deleted posts, and comments that members should either send OS a PM or start a private help thread. It would be more efficient to answer questions openly so everyone can benefit from the answer rather than just one person. In addition, it would begin to build the trust that has been lost.

Or, it would just lead to more drama and bickering, rather than purposeful, on topic discussion.

Any cohesion you perceive in long established forums is the product of rules enforcement. Every online community attracts knuckleheads who want to pee in the pool. Getting rid of those folks is key to maintaining a decent community.

Also, bear in mind that 42,000 members bring 42,000 sets of values and perception of what ODT is. The vast majority aren't even aware of controversy. They just come to trade, maybe ask or answer a question about a firearm, and browse a few topics, skipping over anything that looks even mildly like sewing circle gossip.

...and on that same note, I am reading several rumors that have been started.
If posts and conversations would be allowed in threads like this instead of hidden behind closed doors, there would be far less rumors. Basically unless something is said publicly, then it didn't happen and people are left to their own imaginations. When a private conversation happens, then it is brought up later with the words twisted around, there is no accountability for what was actually said.

Don't pay attention to rumors.

I rarely participate in threads like this. Only reason I am is because I happen to work behind the scenes on ODT and know more about the reality of what OS has done and hasn't done over the life of ODT, and some unreasonable comments were being offered.

Just as in real life, you aren't going to be privy to every scrap of info that goes on among people. Why let it bother you? It's amazing to me that people actually want to waste time on this type of drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom