• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sorry for being a dead beat dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I speak with dozens of ODT members every week this time of year and the conversation is the same. "What the hell is going on over there? Its like the ODT is dying."

Sorry but the girlfriend excuse struck me as immature. I helped my first wife move out on a Saturday and was back at my desk Monday morning. If wife 2.0 left me tonight, I would be in an attic changing a blower motor tomorrow morning, but then again I don't have a bunch of unpaid volunteers to run my company. Even having subordinates I could not be absent because no one will run my company like I do.

Professionals act as they must not as they feel.
How dare you bring up antiquated ideas like responsibility! The nerve of people like you.

Professionals also know to stick to what they know.

Let's say an awesome restaurant opens in your area and this place has everything; great bar, local handcrafted food, wonderful staff, an owner who loves what he does, and a group of regulars. Every once and a while a couple of the regulars get loud and a bouncer has to cool them off, but nothing out of hand. Everybody is happy. Half of the fun in this place is seeing what other people order.

After a while, the owner who used to greet customers at the door isn't around and the food quality starts to suffer. Pretty soon, you notice that the drinks are watered down. You ask to see the owner to comment on the food but you are told by the bouncers "If you don't like the food, leave." Still crappy food aside, you hangout with the hardcore group of regulars until one of them says "This burger really sucks". The bouncers grab him, toss him into the street and ban him from ever returning.

What was once a Cheers like atmosphere is turning toxic. Some of the regulars start checking out a bar and grill down the road. Well once the bouncer find out about that they toss those guys too.

Now I ask you: Do you care why the owner is absent and the food started to suck or do you care that the food started to suck?

Let's say an awesome restaurant opens in your area and this place has everything; great bar, local handcrafted food, wonderful staff, an owner who loves what he does, and a group of regulars. Every once and a while a couple of the regulars get loud and a bouncer has to cool them off, but nothing out of hand. Everybody is happy. Half of the fun in this place is seeing what other people order.

After a while, the owner who used to greet customers at the door isn't around and the food quality starts to suffer. Pretty soon, you notice that the drinks are watered down. You ask to see the owner to comment on the food but you are told by the bouncers "If you don't like the food, leave." Still crappy food aside, you hangout with the hardcore group of regulars until one of them says "This burger really sucks". The bouncers grab him, toss him into the street and ban him from ever returning.

What was once a Cheers like atmosphere is turning toxic. Some of the regulars start checking out a bar and grill down the road. Well once the bouncer find out about that they toss those guys too.

Now I ask you: Do you care why the owner is absent and the food started to suck or do you care that the food started to suck?
s3.amazonaws.com_rapgenius_filepicker_2Fz21UnfgeQTiqTgrHzGXV_stone_cold_beer.jpg

Don't know, but I have a relationship counseling session with my HVAC contractor later today. Will let you know what he says, since he's a guru about everything, including how I should feel about bad hamburgers.

Don't know, but I have a relationship counseling session with my HVAC contractor later today. Will let you know what he says, since he's a guru about everything, including how I should feel about bad hamburgers.
I think you missed the point. :boink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom