• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So... who has lost a favorite watering hole due to new 'no guns' sign?

I understand the sign rules; I'm talking about drinking in an establishment, while carrying.

I will let others speak to the LAW, but I wouldn't do it... It would be a bad day if you had to defend yourself and then speak to the police with alcohol on your breath.

we don't want people trampling our rights, so don't trample theres. just go elsewhere. you wouldn't want people ignoring your rules in your home.

I will let others speak to the LAW, but I wouldn't do it... It would be a bad day if you had to defend yourself and then speak to the police with alcohol on your breath.

You sure can. Go to GACarry.org and look at the case that happened in Paulding. cliffs notes version ~~> Two guys were in a bar, one dude had a piece. They got into a fight and both were drinking. Dude with the piece was "arrested for having a weapon on his person, while schwasted." Went to court, GAcarry.org was there, helped with representation and got the whole thrown out. Done. Just ere on the side of caution. Errr body gets liquid courage when dey kiss da bottle :cool:

When most all responsible gun owners agree that it is not prudent to carry while drinking, I don't understand while someone would punish them selves by removing something they like from their life.

Not like it was some store or food joint where it would be an inconvenience to disarm and rearm.

I understand the sentiment most if the time and have told buisness owners that I would not be back because if this policy, but I don't have a problem with a bar taking this postion.
I've worked bars before and I know that some, usually good people turn into an "instant asshole-just add alcohol"

The bar owner would assume a large liability if he allowed guns in the bar.

Do they also assume this liability should something happen when they disarmed me with that sign?

Back
Top Bottom