• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what happened to Flight 370

Now this I can understand. I figured there had to be a reason that it was possible to turn it off. thanks

You are welcome. As for ELT signals, it is not that uncommon to receive false signals. ATC will routinely ask pilots flying in a vicinity of a signal to listen in for confirmation. Pay no attention to the news media, they sensationalize everything and know nothing except what a 500 hour private pilot "expert" tells them. Flying over the ocean is vastly different than banging around the local airfield in a Cessna 150. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Agreed. But ATL is to small to effect to country like the towers did. Plus someone would ping it on radar in time and see no ELT signal. "Flaming lawn dart"

Right, what I was saying is commercial airliners don't fly around in radio silence as general practice. That's what's so strange about this instance. They manually shut the systems off and stopped responding to radio calls. Somebody has absconded with a very expensive toy! I wonder if they're trying to reenact 'Lost'...

I get the feeling that it was stolen and there are plans to use it for nefarious reasons. Passengers will be on board as hostages. The plane is probably packed to the gills with nuclear or biological weapons. The U.S. might not even be the target, but I heard several experts on the radio say that it is easier than you would think, to make it into our air space. Once here (or wherever they're headed), one of two things happen...either they crash it into their target releasing nuclear or bio garbage everywhere or someone has to make the decision to sacrifice 200 innocent passengers for the greater good by shooting it down, also releasing all of the junk they might be carrying, except this time, up in the air so that the wind can help disperse it all over.

Also heard somewhere, it couldn't have been a crash just based on the transponders. There were 2 and the 2nd didn't stop until 14 minutes after the 1st.

Back
Top Bottom