• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So my internet has been intermittent and.......

Att sucks. They force people to use their modems. I did some googling. I think they are the only ones that do that. There are fiber modems out there but att says nope. I dont rent equipment anymore. ISP's equipment is never top of the line and they have total control.
From working in the internet field as a tech I can tell you that the equipment they provided so far has been new in the box. They are overnighting me a new modem which I expect will be new in box as well. I worked for a while in the business and I've seen it all. I get what you are saying about those companies reissuing the same broken equipment to new customers.

I would go out and install a modem that did telephone and internet service only to find out the used equipment didn't work on install. QC and testing departments fail.

I pay 100 dollars a month for 1 gig speeds for internet and not to mention the 374 total I pay a month for both tv and internet services.
Wow, you're being raped.....We have Gigabit fiber too, $89/mo with no contract or data caps....with that and Sling and a HD antenna and DVR we get everything we need for under $150/mo.

Wow, you're being raped.....We have Gigabit fiber too, $89/mo with no contract or data caps....with that and Sling and a HD antenna and DVR we get everything we need for under $150/mo.
I like Directv. Streaming tv services suck especially if your internet isn't working. I'd rather keep my net and sat separate.

I like Directv. Streaming tv services suck especially if your internet isn't working. I'd rather keep my net and sat separate.
I had DirectV for decades....I was one of the first. Bought my own receiver from them, and the dish, installed it on my chimney...it was about $1000. Sure, the price was cheap per month...this was in the beginning....flash forward decades later and what I had was $157/month minimum and thunderclouds stopped it in a heartbeat no matter how many times I had them come out to 'align' the dish. I finally dropped that antiquated, expensive crap and went digital internet. Over a half decade has passed and NO interruptions people predict - my ISP is pretty good, in fact. Cost is reasonable for the speed and considering Prime, Hulu and NF costs each month, it's STILL less than half that last overpriced, underserved service I got from DirectV.. The fact is that subscribers have left it in droves and they don't care - they're just a bunch of money-changers who are trying to stave off starvation until their retirements when they can cash out. The satellite system is too expensive, they refuse to compete and they lose people every day. If you have decent internet speed available, go that way - DirectV and even Dish will be a thing of the past one day...

Att sucks. They force people to use their modems. I did some googling. I think they are the only ones that do that. There are fiber modems out there but att says nope. I dont rent equipment anymore. ISP's equipment is never top of the line and they have total control.

I had nothing but problems from att. Yep you're correct on their modems. I live over 1k foot off the road, they wanted, if I recall correctly 7k$ for a new line, I had quotes for having in done for less than 2k.,att wouldn't accept someone else running a new line, rip off ! :censored: I went with Comcast everything, cheaper with decent service. Comcast is nowhere near perfect, but definitely not the worst. I had problems with direct TV and others.

I had DirectV for decades....I was one of the first. Bought my own receiver from them, and the dish, installed it on my chimney...it was about $1000. Sure, the price was cheap per month...this was in the beginning....flash forward decades later and what I had was $157/month minimum and thunderclouds stopped it in a heartbeat no matter how many times I had them come out to 'align' the dish. I finally dropped that antiquated, expensive crap and went digital internet. Over a half decade has passed and NO interruptions people predict - my ISP is pretty good, in fact. Cost is reasonable for the speed and considering Prime, Hulu and NF costs each month, it's STILL less than half that last overpriced, underserved service I got from DirectV.. The fact is that subscribers have left it in droves and they don't care - they're just a bunch of money-changers who are trying to stave off starvation until their retirements when they can cash out. The satellite system is too expensive, they refuse to compete and they lose people every day. If you have decent internet speed available, go that way - DirectV and even Dish will be a thing of the past one day...
In very early 90s I installed the VERY first directv Dish that came on the market. I have been a Directv service tech since the beginning. I still prefer to keep my internet and satellite service separate. YMMV

I started my career installing C/Ku band satellites. Eventually everything becomes a thing of the past BUT C/Ku/L band are still being used to transmit your internet services. How do I know because I use to fix their (internet providers) satellite systems.

I had nothing but problems from att. Yep you're correct on their modems. I live over 1k foot off the road, they wanted, if I recall correctly 7k$ for a new line, I had quotes for having in done for less than 2k.,att wouldn't accept someone else running a new line, rip off ! :censored: I went with Comcast everything, cheaper with decent service. Comcast is nowhere near perfect, but definitely not the worst. I had problems with direct TV and others.
I have worked for ATT Comcast and everyone in between they are all the same. Sometimes you get lucky with each service and sometimes you don't.

$374?!? I can't imagine making a significant car payment for tv and internet.

I have AT&T and pay the $100 for unlimited fiber which is partially offset by my employer now and I stream what I want to watch through Hulu and Netflix. The TV part has never been that important to us.

Back
Top Bottom