• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So my internet has been intermittent and.......

Hell, I’ll make this a challenge. Anybody on the ODT who contacts me and can tell me how to get fiber internet to my house for $100/mo or so price range...I will give you firearm/ammo/optics valued at $1k.
And be glad to do it.
So any of you guys that have connections with ATT/COMCAST whatever...pm me.

HF VHF and UHF is nothing more than an off air antenna. You did the equivalent of hooking up rabbit ears. Microwave is another story but still LOS. Just don't wear your metal K pot in front of the antenna.
I ran 50KW CW 12kHz DSB/SC links from Lajes Field, Azores to Andrews AFB, and to Croughton England, and to Rota Spain. Antenna farm encompassed near a whole section of land......Also ran Trac-24 UHF links to the other Azores Islands. Yeah...you go and tell me about rabbit ears. And that's just the NLOS stuff...

I ran 50KW CW 12kHz DSB/SC links from Lajes Field, Azores to Andrews AFB, and to Croughton England, and to Rota Spain. Antenna farm encompassed near a whole section of land......Also ran Trac-24 UHF links to the other Azores Island. Yeah...you go and tell me about rabbit ears. And that's just the NLOS stuff...
You take stuff too damn serious. I was just busting your chops but the military tends to overcomplicate even the most simple of things. Like driving a 2 inch 12 foot ground rod for a HSI connection that you gotta use a truck to pull out of the ground when your done.

I think I’m gonna follow your advice.
If it works I’ll send you some ammo.
Good luck man. Once they get that line in they won't be taking it out. And not selling service to your neighbors at that point would be silly. Ask your neighbors to contribute as well.

Directv was fantastic for years, then AT&T bought them and the decline has been speeding up lately.
I read something a year or two ago when media noticed the decline in subscribers DirectV experienced. It was really weird because the corporate answer was that "that's a good thing and we're not concerned" and their bottom line was that "we still have enough and our corporate financial position is still viable" or something.... I read that and said to myself, "there's some fat-cat corporates who are trying to placate investors long enough so they can retire."....

You take stuff too damn serious. I was just busting your chops but the military tends to overcomplicate even the most simple of things. Like driving a 2 inch 12 foot ground rod for a HSI connection that you gotta use a truck to pull out of the ground when your done.
I took my job seriously and was damned good at it even if I was forced into it because of the draft. I was the best in my specialty IMO. I was extremely fortunate to be picked as part of a Defense Communications Agency project that was focused on testing, repairing and optimizing all forms of DCA/DoD comm links throughout Europe (BTW, all that stuff was replaced by fiber(). They encompassed everything from HF, to UHF, tropospheric scatter, to microwave systems all over Europe and the Med.... and that was just the basis I had before NATS and the 30 years afterwards....

I took my job seriously and was damned good at it even if I was forced into it because of the draft. I was the best in my specialty IMO. I was extremely fortunate to be picked as part of a Defense Communications Agency project that was focused on testing, repairing and optimizing all forms of DCA/DoD comm links throughout Europe (BTW, all that stuff was replaced by fiber(). They encompassed everything from HF, to UHF, tropospheric scatter, to microwave systems all over Europe and the Med.... and that was just the basis I had before NATS and the 30 years afterwards....
Why did you take it seriously? You think the Big wigs that were getting our guys killed with there BS RE communications about troop placement gave a ****? Nah man you and I both were just setting up command override buttons for generals that got men killed who wouldn't know a front line from a powerline. And them stupid SOBs would piss on both.

Back
Top Bottom