• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So I'm kinda fuming as I strip my car for my DC trip.

I carry everywhere... dead man cant go to court. Gun free zones don't work. I either avoid those areas or carry on.

Dead men cant pay fines either bro.

More justification for disregarding South Carolina's special needs laws.

Officer: "Why are you carrying illegally?"

Me: "dougiemac said I could *****!"

Officer: "Carry on"

I'll be in DC for about an hour, maybe two. Planning on leaving the hotel in Virginia at about 7:30 AM, getting in, getting done and getting back out by 10. Guess I'll be leaving the gun in the hotel safe(cringe), but have to make sure the damn car is clean. Even a spent casing is a $1000 fine. What the **** have liberals done to this country?
There is no way a spent casing carries a $1k fine

If you haven't been to DC before, which is sounds like you have.
Don't carry, and enjoy the sights of DC. Me and my old lady just went there for a 4 day trip a month ago. I never felt in danger, or was suspicious of anything while I was there. But I was in the tourist-y areas 98% of the time.

I have. It was fun about 30 years ago when I was stationed at Ft Belvior. I was there from just after the DC10 skipped off the 13th street bridge to just after they opened the Viet Nam Veterans Memorial.

Have been back twice since both for the same purpose as this trip. You think OUR red tape is a pain in the ass...To get the passport you have to go in person to file and pay the fee, then you have to go in person to pick it up a couple of months later. This is trip one of two for this renewal. Fortunately, the next time is 10 years from this one.

Last time, several years ago I was carrying. Actually back then I didn't even think of reading up on it. We pulled into town and stopped at a red light about 10 pm. As soon as the car stopped rolling some whino looking dude made a beeline for the car. I set the pistol up onto the dash so it was clearly visible and he vacated. We stayed right over the line into Maryland and the hotel parking lot had a few interesting characters strolling thru. Nothing overly concerning but it comforted me to be armed nonetheless.

The pictures of us at the memorials and on the capital steps would probably have been great evidence had I been checked. lol. And while looking at a glass case in one of the museums along the mall, it slowly sank in that someone was addressing me.."Sir, Sir, SIR...You need to step back from the case". I looked over to see what I assume was either a security guard or DC policewoman. And again, glad in retrospect that she didn't notice the IWB carry.

Lets hope... be thinkin about ya and praying for the best. :)

Thanks brother. I REALLY appreciate it. I'm older and wiser now so if I survive I, at least won't be in jail for carrying.

Houston wouldn't be closer?

Houston would be far preferable but they have the country divided into districts. Our district is DC. yay.

Hasn't that ruling has been suspended for now.

The suspension of the ruling got suspended...90 day stay issued by the same damn judge. Apparently DC needs time to implement some different unconstitutional laws to replace this unconstitutional law.

There is no way a spent casing carries a $1k fine

Man they charged this guy with gun "paraphernalia" like it was dope or something. God forbid you buy a cleaning kit...you might get hard time for it.

sickening.

Yeah, the laws are bad enough but the obvious zeal with which the DC cops enforce them is horrific.

Back
Top Bottom