• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So close APPROVED

Nice upper! I never got a short 5.56, only a 7.5 9mm and 3.5 22lr. I'd like get a 5in piston upper in 5.56. But when I go really short in almost any caliber I have to run it with a suppressor in full auto or I'll get short strokes from lack of back pressure.

I wonder why NFA office don't make an ONLINE STATUS CHECK on their site. Simple input of serial and from whom and where. WAAALAAAAAAAA shows is its pending or error or approved! Don't need 5 people answering the NFA phoneline unless its NFA issue related.

Are you suggesting government efficiency??? HAH!!

My check was cashed on 12/24 and as of Friday was told pending and expect July.......... Sounds like those extra workers are manning the phones..

During my whole time schooling, Professors have always said: Good enough for government work. Which is as useless as a union now an days.

Long story short, dont expect much.

Well, I guess back to calling. I have a July 25th pending I'm anxious to find out. I called last friday and she said "pending as of July 25". Funny, I called the week before and a lady told me "Pending approval as of December 16" so it means I made pass the first part. Usually its only 30 days to be approved but I've seen people get approved within a week of the pending approval date, but I guess mine is having bad luck or I'm with a HUGE PILE that shes still stamping.

Just dropped her off at Fort Daniel to get a new paint job. Doing the upper lower and rail in burnt bronze. Should have her back early next week. Can't wait.

That looks great! Any idea how that color compares to the FDE (that doesn't match any FDE) Daniel defense rails?

The DD FDE is darker. The burnt bronze is a little darker and more metallic than the Magpul FDE. Here is a pic of a FDE Daniel Defense rail I had on another AR. It is in different lighting so not the best comparison, but atleast give you somewhat of an idea.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359493751848.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359493751848.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 17
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359493868113.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359493868113.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 17
I have an upper with the DD rail now. I was hoping I could find a color close to it. I feel like its gonna be 5 different shades once everything is put together lol.

Back
Top Bottom