• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So, bike people

I went a few years ago before they stopped it. Was it busy? I love that ride over and back.
I just looked, I left to come back on May 6th. No it was really nice. No traffic or loads of people or anything. Lots of vacationing families though. That was my first time there and really enjoyed it.

if you have a harley or cruiser try the Metzeler ME880/888. check to see if they have an oversize fitment for your bike and run that. great handling and great mileage.

Should be good. Modern rubber is much better than 15 years ago.
Agree with JD on this one.
Sorry, totally disagree on this one guys. Do you really want to ride a 100+ hp bike on some old iffy tires? The bike is practically brand new, some fresh modern rubber will transform the bike and be alot safer too.

if you have a harley or cruiser try the Metzeler ME880/888. check to see if they have an oversize fitment for your bike and run that. great handling and great mileage.
Those ME880 should last a long time and handle great for a heavy bike. Seen them alot on 900lb BMW LT's and cruisers.

Those ME880 should last a long time and handle great for a heavy bike. Seen them alot on 900lb BMW LT's and cruisers.

I think I ran the Metzlers at one time as well as a few other brands, I honestly can't recall how many miles I got off them. I just don't recall getting over 5,000 miles on a back tire on anybodys tire ever. Regardless of the bike I was riding. They ain't cheap, so I'd like to have them last longer and will try that ME880 next time around. I'm on new Dunlops now. They seem like a fair trade off between mileage and performance for me, which is why I'm back on them for the first time in years.

Sorry, totally disagree on this one guys. Do you really want to ride a 100+ hp bike on some old iffy tires? The bike is practically brand new, some fresh modern rubber will transform the bike and be alot safer too.
Nothing to disagree on, we we're originally talking about seals. There's no way I would not run premium tires. I've had my fun on some craptastic dunflop 208s back in the day, now I run better rubber. I'm trying Metzler m5 on the sports bike again.

Talking about the seals.

Back
Top Bottom