• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Smith snubbies

This is so cool all these snubbie lovers sharing comments and fantastic pics. You all have truly made my day! For the guy who said he can't hit anything, your not doing anything wrong just a good reason to shoot and practice more maybe a set of aftermarket rubber/ wood grips and new springs both these swaps outs help me to control the gun better. But for me It's definitely for shorter distances. Thank you all for participating in this exchange.

I also enjoy shooting the I frames especially the 32 long. My wife and daughter love them as well cause they are soft shooting, minimal recoil and accurate as well. I know they are a bit under powered but heck I wouldn't want to be shot by one. Can you believe in the old days some police officers carried them.

I also enjoy shooting the I frames especially the 32 long. My wife and daughter love them as well cause they are soft shooting, minimal recoil and accurate as well. I know they are a bit under powered but heck I wouldn't want to be shot by one. Can you believe in the old days some police officers carried them.

The 32 long can be loaded up to respectable performance. The I frame had a change in heat treating before the 1940s (don't recall how early it was done, but well before 1940), and the heat treated guns can shoot full power 32 L loads. Earlier ones, stay at factory loadings. J frames are fine, and the (unicorn) K frame 32 L guns are fine for whatever.

Factory loads are rather low pressure, but even full recommended loads are still soft shooting, and very accurate in the revolvers.

image.jpg
I would love to find a decent I frame snubbie at a reasonable price, and speaking of K frame snubbies...

Up until the early 70s the .32 S&W-L was considered a viable carry/duty gun. I know mine when loaded with 100gr. RCBS 32-098 SWCs is very comforting and I have carried it CCW many times with 2 speed strips of the same ammo. I too like the .32 for the fact of light recoil, very small powder charges (economy), and small package.

I won't stand in front of one....

And yes they are super accurate. I really enjoy the reaction of folks when I shoot tiny little bughole groups with them and they are shocked by it. The older pre-57 guns prefer the heavier 115gr. Lyman 3118 clone I have, but the newer numbered guns like the RCBS bullet I mentioned earlier. With the heavier bullet Unique is my go to. Lighter bullets get Bullseye.

One day I am gonna stub a cheap .410 shotgun with a .32 caliber barrel and chamber it in .32 S&W-L. Solder on some adjustables and go from there. Make a nice little "rook-ish" rifle.

Back
Top Bottom