• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

slide holes

E1BD170F-9089-497D-BA04-C29B18542AFF.jpeg

Putting holes in a flat piece of metal doesn't always make it significantly weaker. If both strength and lighter weight are priorities for you, skeletonizing a structure can be the solution.

Airplane wing supports are full of holes.

I wanted mine windowed so it was lighter to cycle the .22 and TCM9R rounds reliably out of my conversion parts. Sometimes it's not just about how it looks, in my case it helps it function as well.

I haven't noticed any weakness from the slide. Only thing that happened was reliability is more consistent. Opposite of your claim.

I wanted mine windowed so it was lighter to cycle the .22 and TCM9R rounds reliably out of my conversion parts. Sometimes it's not just about how it looks, in my case it helps it function as well.

I haven't noticed any weakness from the slide. Only thing that happened was reliability is more consistent. Opposite of your claim.
I can see why that would be useful for the above purposes but for standard calibers, they only serve as ingress points for foreign objects to jam the gun.

View attachment 3625707

Putting holes in a flat piece of metal doesn't always make it significantly weaker. If both strength and lighter weight are priorities for you, skeletonizing a structure can be the solution.

Airplane wing supports are full of holes.
Im not saying it causes slide failure and just about no ones complains that glocks are too heavy. The holes are just begging to get filled with some foreign object and impede the cycling of the slide.

Id be interested to know if there are any professional users out there that use windowed glocks

I can see why that would be useful for the above purposes but for standard calibers, they only serve as ingress points for foreign objects to jam the gun.
Yeah, I get that. No purpose to have them in a duty gun. Unless you're the neighborhood drug dealer, there's no reason to be carrying a "Gucci" gun.

Im not saying it causes slide failure and just about no ones complains that glocks are too heavy. The holes are just begging to get filled with some foreign object and impede the cycling of the slide.

Id be interested to know if there are any professional users out there that use windowed glocks

Not all customized Glocks are carry guns. Some are range toys, and some are used exclusively for competitive shooting.

Back
Top Bottom